New Jersey mom allegedly on drugs rolls onto toddler son, killing him

TBO

A New Jersey mother was charged after she allegedly killed her young son when she passed out on him while she reportedly had prescription painkillers in her system.

Antoinette King, 33, was arrested after police were called to her home in Lumberton around 8:30 p.m. Saturday night, the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office wrote on Facebook.

Investigators said that someone in the home found King "lying on the toddler and called for help after finding them both to be unresponsive."

While King was administered opioid reversal drug naloxone, prosecutors said  her 13-month-old son Jerimiah couldn't be revived and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

King, according to the Courier-Post, told police that roughly two hours before the reported incident, she had ingested a prescription painkiller and had drank four "airplane bottles" of alcohol before leaving her house around 6:30 p.m.

She reportedly told investigators she took a cab to a nearby motel to hang with friends, and "the next thing she recalled was waking up and being told that she was just narcaned back to life."

King was charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, and is reportedly expected to appear in court Wednesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-mom-allegedly-overdoses-rolls-onto-toddler-son-killing-him

• Sad 1

Mixing pain killers and alcohol, is a great way to destroy your liver and your life.  I take pain killers everyday, to take some of the edge off of the "new normal" of pain.  It doesn't make me sleepy, but it affects everyone differently.  My wife had to take some after oral surgery, and she was a space cadet, ignoring things around her.  But, these things affect people differently.  She said, "No wonder you are so mellow at night when I am having an argument with the kids."  What she doesn't understand, is I am trying to sleep, as my body requires more sleep, so I go to sleep early so I can be up at 0530 to get the kid's lunches read, drink my coffee, and sit out at the bus stop with them.

The other bad part of the story, is making yourself drunk to pass out or get a "high" off something that is intended to relieve pain, is you don't put a toddler in bed with you.  That shouldn't be done anyway.  We always kept the kids in their cribs with a baby monitor.  Though, my daughter knocks on the door every time she has a night mare and there is a small bed by the bed for that purpose. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:52 AM, Moshe said:

It doesn't make me sleepy, but it affects everyone differently.  My wife had to take some after oral surgery, and she was a space cadet, ignoring things around her.  But, these things affect people differently.

The last time I was prescribed the oxy (hydro?  one of those 'codones),  for most of a year,  I was supposed to take one every four hours.  I only took one in the morning to get moving around, because if I took any more they would actually hype me up and make me restless and sleepless.

I guess that's an ok feeling, if that's what you want, but I didn't like it.

Once I got up and started moving around,  I could deal with the pain without them.