POTUS proposal for re opening the government

ARP

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

If you are compelled to work with deferred pay indefinitely....how well do you think I’m gonna perform? How long is “indefinite”

work or be arrested is slavery (compulsive service)

Well, I worked for the Federal Government for 9 years and I can tell you there is NO incentive to perform, even with pay.  "Hurry up and wait" was their way of justifying doing nothing and still getting paid.

If they don't like the circumstances, there is always the option to quit and go to work for the public sector. 

• Like 2

https://www.axios.com/government-shutdown-daca-green-cards-jared-kushner-e438872b-af64-4675-81d5-6a8bdde6b62f.html

A new immigration idea has been circulating over the past 24 hours at senior levels inside the White House and on Capitol Hill: Give a path to green cards to the 700,000 current DACA recipients, three sources familiar with the conversations tell Axios.

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

https://www.axios.com/government-shutdown-daca-green-cards-jared-kushner-e438872b-af64-4675-81d5-6a8bdde6b62f.html

A new immigration idea has been circulating over the past 24 hours at senior levels inside the White House and on Capitol Hill: Give a path to green cards to the 700,000 current DACA recipients, three sources familiar with the conversations tell Axios.

Trump must have finally read my post on page 1.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, Moshe said:

That would earn him Brownie points as he is Billionaire.  However, you very well, the Democrats will accuse him of "buying" votes.  Which, would be for the most part true.  FLEO's viewed Trump as a savior from eight years of Obamistan.  When they can't afford to feed their kids, the fast food hill for a sports party was a bad optic to say the least.  The problem, is now that Obama went out and claimed the Shutdown as his, he just lost the majority of the Conservative vote from a large chunk of that 850,000.  FLEO's by-in-large tend to be conservative and pro-gun.  If he needed their vote for a re-election, the only way he could succeed at this point would be an apology and a ten percent bump in salary.  Then they would love him again.  That would get him away from Democrats claiming he is buying votes, the Democrats would ignorantly think by supporting a measure that they had the FLEO loyalty.  They would not.  FLEO's tend to despise liberals because they love firearms.  Any down time, which is rare, the most looked up thing on the internet by FLEO's are firearms.  When the stupid Clinton ban ended you couldn't hear yourself thinking for the shouts of happiness.  We sell firearms to each other all the time.  I can't remember a time in my career where there wasn't someone who wasn't an armorer and/or had and FFL.

And the Democrats (Republicans too) Are experts in the act of buying votes.

20 minutes ago, jmohme said:

And the Democrats (Republicans too) Are experts in the act of buying votes.

If you are looking for me to declare one or the other righteous, I am not.  I am conservative.  But, that doesn't mean I worship at the font of any political party.  Just a means for recovery for the POTUS if he decides to run again.  Things I would recommend to Trump:

1. Get off twitter.

2. Think before knee jerk responding

3. Surround yourself with Subject matter experts, and not how much money they have acquired.  Then actually weigh what those advisors are saying or have them help you find the loophole to where you want to go-legally.

Yup, President Trump should "get off Twitter" and let the Main Stream media deliver his messages for him.

BRILLIANT!

Wonder why he didn't think of that.  All he needs to do is sit back and let the Dan Rathers, the Jim Acosta's  and the Rachel Maddows speak for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The White House on Thursday signaled that a "large down payment" on border wall funding -- and potentially less than the $5.7 billion that President Trump has long requested -- could be sufficient to bring Republicans to the table and end the ongoing partial federal government shutdown.

The possible concession from the White House came just minutes after the Senate rejected both Democratic and GOP proposals to end the shutdown, with both measures falling far short of the 60-vote threshold needed to pass.

But Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi dismissed the proposal shortly afterward as a nonstarter, saying it was "not a reasonable agreement."

"I don't know if he knows what he's talking about," Pelosi added, referring to Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-large-down-payment-on-wall-could-end-government-shutdown

C6BA801B-E422-4527-8DD8-7B3D9576B469.jpeg.5025f61ac4a2c871e561b7cc426ec133.jpeg

I’m sure calling her “DrNo” will make her accept the next cave by Trump

So I pretty much get most of my political news from posts on this site.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly.  Trump has made it very clear nothing will get signed if it doesn't include money for the wall.  Pelosi has said that it doesn't matter what else gets offered money for the wall will prevent anything from getting signed no matter what.  Trump upped the ante and proposed that some of the Dems pet projects, which will potentially cost this country as much if not more than the wall, will be allowed.  Pelosi still says no, and won't even negotiate. 

Mainstream media is absolutely loving the stories about all the non-essential federal employees that aren't getting paid. 

Most of us are absolutely loving the fact that the guy we voted for (for a lot of us at least) is sticking to his promise to get a wall built.  We're also loving how all the furloughed "non essential" government employees not working is having very little impact on most of our lives, because lets face it, most of them really aren't essential, and them not being there isn't having any effect on the country whatsoever.

Trump has made his offer, and he's adjusted his offer several times to try to start a negotiation.  Pelosi is absolutely refusing to negotiate in the slightest.  

I'd say it's time for trump to take those additional offers he made back off the table, and just sit back and wait.  The Dems so far have shown that they don't care about the workers or anything else, their only goal is to make Trump cave, and make him look bad, and he shouldn't play their game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd say it's time to get political news from other sources.

In particular, look at who's up in 2020, where they're from, who won there in 2016, and how those three things influence what they say. The game very quickly gets deep enough that no organization, let alone any individual, can predict what will happen with any accuracy, and of those with a clue, none post on this site.

Edited by Jammersix

8 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

So I pretty much get most of my political news from posts on this site.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly.  Trump has made it very clear nothing will get signed if it doesn't include money for the wall.  Pelosi has said that it doesn't matter what else gets offered money for the wall will prevent anything from getting signed no matter what.  Trump upped the ante and proposed that some of the Dems pet projects, which will potentially cost this country as much if not more than the wall, will be allowed.  Pelosi still says no, and won't even negotiate. 

Mainstream media is absolutely loving the stories about all the non-essential federal employees that aren't getting paid. 

Most of us are absolutely loving the fact that the guy we voted for (for a lot of us at least) is sticking to his promise to get a wall built.  We're also loving how all the furloughed "non essential" government employees not working is having very little impact on most of our lives, because lets face it, most of them really aren't essential, and them not being there isn't having any effect on the country whatsoever.

Trump has made his offer, and he's adjusted his offer several times to try to start a negotiation.  Pelosi is absolutely refusing to negotiate in the slightest.  

I'd say it's time for trump to take those additional offers he made back off the table, and just sit back and wait.  The Dems so far have shown that they don't care about the workers or anything else, their only goal is to make Trump cave, and make him look bad, and he shouldn't play their game.

You nailed it, cept you left this part out.

Dems block another GOP attempt to pay federal workers

Democrats just voted – for the second time – to kill an effort that would have provided federal workers with their first paycheck of the year.

Last week, Republicans voted in favor of an MTR that would have provided the paychecks they earned through January 15. Only six Democrats crossed party lines to support it.Today, the number of Democrats joining us in our second attempt to pay federal workers jumped to 11 as more of them panic over Nancy Pelosi’s failed shutdown strategy. 

This is further evidence of the Democrats’ refusal to work across the aisle to provide relief to the 800,000 federal workers. They are completely obsessed with telling this President no, regardless of the damage it does to our country or individuals who just need to get paid.

Here is the actual voting record.

HERE ARE ALL OF THE SHUTDOWN DEALS DEMOCRATS HAVE REJECTED

Here are all of the deals Democrats have rejected since the shutdown started:

$5.7 Billion For The Wall 

After Senate Republicans failed to pass a continuing resolution in December that included $5 billion in border wall funding, Democrats made clear that they would not support a similar measure nor negotiate with the White House as they took control of the House of Representatives in the new year.

$2.5 Billion For The Wall 

Days later, Vice President Mike Pence and Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney offered to cut Trump’s request for wall funding in half. Democrats waited days to respond to the offer and then informed the White House they were not interested in making a deal.

Border Fence Instead Of A Wall 

Pence told reporters during the first week of January that the White House would be willing to opt for a steel fence at the border instead of a concrete wall as a concession to Democrats, but Democrats said they would not negotiate until the government was reopened.

Reopen The Government In Exchange For Wall Funding

The president asked Pelosi during a meeting on January 9 if she would fund the wall if he temporarily reopened the government for three weeks. Pelosi said no, and Trump walked out of the meeting.

$5.7 Billion For A ‘Barrier,’ $800 Million In Humanitarian Aid, And More Border Agents

Trump offered additional concessions alongside his desired funding for the wall, including humanitarian aid and beefed up security on the border. After delivering a national address outlining his latest deal, Pelosi and Schumer rejected it in their own national response.

$5.7 Billion ‘Barrier,’ $800 Million In Humanitarian Aid, Temporary Extensions On DACA And TPS Immigrants

Last weekend, the president offered his biggest concession to Democrats yet, throwing in temporary extensions for DACA recipients and immigrants under Temporary Protected Status. Pelosi called the deal a “non-starter” and demanded permanent protections for DACA recipients.

Pay Government Workers During The Shutdown

Democrats voted against a last-minute motion Wednesday that would ensure federal workers are paid during the shutdown.

DEMOCRATS BREAKING WITH LEADERSHIP TO SUPPORT BORDER WALL FUNDING

WASHINGTON — A new number of Senate Democrats appear to be supporting the idea of physical barriers on the southern border.

Following the Senate votes that blocked President Donald Trump’s plan to fund the border and Senate Democrats’ plan to re-open the government, West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin told The Daily Caller Thursday that Senate Democrats want some sort of structure on the border, and House Democrats are the holdouts on the issue.

Even the Democrats in the Senate are blaming Pelosi.

3 hours ago, steve4102 said:

Even the Democrats in the Senate are blaming Pelosi.

But, but, but... that can't be true! 

Jammersix posted a video 87 times that proves Trumps words from last year are more powerful than any actions taken by the entire Senate or House in the present time.

• Like 1

Whenever Trump makes a statement of “I’m here waiting” I’ll give you 800 million for this 805 million for that” “three years for the DACA” “green cards for 700,000 DACA”

”maybe a down payment on the wall” “ok, SOTU after the shutdown”

the left sees it as squirming and cracking and begging to make a deal. Until they think they have drained every drop of advantage out of it, they won’t talk to him. And their base loves it.

everytime Trump comes up with a “strong stance” and says he will declare a national emergency, military will build the wall, Fancy Nancy to Dr No, cancelling the plane, tweets something stupid, etc

it pisses off the people he is begging to sit down with him and make the deal. The left are happy to squeeze him until he pops

self stimulating, circular, train wreck.

Edited by Dric902

Aaaand the cave

Congressional leaders and President Trump have reached a tentative deal to temporarily reopen the government and continue talks on Trump’s demand for border wall money, Capitol Hill officials said Friday.

With Trump’s approval, the pact would reopen shuttered government departments for the three weeks while leaving the issue of $5.7 billion for the U.S.-Mexico border wall to further talks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/congressional-leaders-trump-reach-tentative-deal-to-temporarily-reopen-government-without-wall-funds-according-to-hill-officials/ar-BBSJ8Xe?li=BBnb7Kz

Cave?

A three week halftime break authorizing Federal workers to get payed, something the democrats refused to do, is a cave?

Make no mistake, there is no cave, nothing has changed except Federal workers including the Coast Guard will get back pay and future pay up until Feb 15th. 

After Feb 15 if the Democrats refuse to fund the wall, the Government will again be shut down and/or a National Emergency will be declared.

Sen. Lindsey Graham weighed-in Friday on the recent bipartisan agreement to re-open the federal government for three weeks; saying the President should declare a national emergency should Democrats fail to live-up to their end of the bargain.

“Come February the 15th, if the Democrats still say: ‘Go to hell on the wall, you get a dollar, that’s it.’ They basically tell Trump, ‘I’m not going to do with you what I did with Bush and Obama,’ then I hope he will go the emergency route,” said Graham following the president’s address.

“We don’t need to shut the government down, we need to secure the border,” Graham said. “And to me, the last best chance to do this win-win is between now and Feb. 15.”

The President presented Congressional leaders with three options Friday: Reach a “fair deal” by February 15th, face another government shutdown, or prompt Trump to declare a “national emergency” along the southern border

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve4102 said:

Cave?

A three week halftime break authorizing Federal workers to get payed, something the democrats refused to do, is a cave?

Make no mistake, there is no cave, nothing has changed except Federal workers including the Coast Guard will get back pay and future pay up until Feb 15th. 

After Feb 15 if the Democrats refuse to fund the wall, the Government will again be shut down and/or a National Emergency will be declared.

Sen. Lindsey Graham weighed-in Friday on the recent bipartisan agreement to re-open the federal government for three weeks; saying the President should declare a national emergency should Democrats fail to live-up to their end of the bargain.

“Come February the 15th, if the Democrats still say: ‘Go to hell on the wall, you get a dollar, that’s it.’ They basically tell Trump, ‘I’m not going to do with you what I did with Bush and Obama,’ then I hope he will go the emergency route,” said Graham following the president’s address.

“We don’t need to shut the government down, we need to secure the border,” Graham said. “And to me, the last best chance to do this win-win is between now and Feb. 15.”

The President presented Congressional leaders with three options Friday: Reach a “fair deal” by February 15th, face another government shutdown, or prompt Trump to declare a “national emergency” along the southern border

Graham? The guy torn apart and put back together again numerous times depending on what he says about Trump. Globalist, deep state, swamp creature until he said something at the Kavernaugh hearings then becomes the big Trump hero. That Graham?

the McCain butt buddy Graham? The turncoat who turned his coat over and turned it again Graham? The Graham that we like....this week?

watch

and remember for next time

Edited by Dric902

Trump should have never dealt with Pelosi in the first place. He's the President, she's the Speaker of the House. She should be dealt with by McCarthy. Same with Schumer, its McConnell's job to deal with him. As Shaw once said, never wrestle with a pig, you get dirty and besides, the pig likes it. He might be a great businessman, questionable by some I know, but when it comes to politics he's an amateur. 

5 minutes ago, GPM said:

Trump should have never dealt with Pelosi in the first place. He's the President, she's the Speaker of the House. She should be dealt with by McCarthy. Same with Schumer, its McConnell's job to deal with him. As Shaw once said, never wrestle with a pig, you get dirty and besides, the pig likes it. He might be a great businessman, questionable by some I know, but when it comes to politics he's an amateur. 

But if they’re both pigs and enjoy it?

cause I’m gettin that feeling

LOU DOBBS (HOST): While the President pleased few of his supporters, if any, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and the radical Dimms taking victory laps within minutes of the President's eighteen minute announcement. And the illegal immigrants are surely pleased at the prospect they may soon jump to the front of the line while legal immigrants aren't even part of the discussion in the nation's capital. And neither are the tens of millions of American citizens who will be competing against a torrent of more lower-wage workers and an American welfare system that's already collapsing under the weight of ever greater burdens. Neither the President nor RINO leader McConnell today talked about immigrants and their concern. No mention of our citizenry or making America great again or putting Americans and America first

Dobbs must be a left wing deep state rhino swamp creature now