POTUS proposal for re opening the government

ARP

It looks like they have enough votes in the Senate to pass a bill, meaning that they have peeled off enough Joe Manchin types to pass a funding bill that mirrors what was proposed on Saturday. Then it goes to the House and gets dumped into Chancy's lap. Now she got a BIG problem. Either pooh or get off the pot. If she does not accept the bill or makes so many changes to it that it is not acceptable, then POTUS goes and declares emergency, construction begins, as I'm sure all the pieces are in place to do the work right away, sort of shovel ready for real, and the Dz get tarred and feathered with the no negotiation tag. Trump understands leverage and he is using it well right now.

10 hours ago, Dric902 said:

All spending bills must start in the House 

..and this did.  It was passed in the House, the Senate is making changes and sending it back.

What the Senate should do is pass the exact one that passed the house, and skip the Pelosi redo option.

• Like 1

The Democrats, wanting to take their new House majority for a spin, are not playing ball. They were elected to block and fight this administration. They’re not giving one-cent. President Trump recently offered a deal to break the logjam. A three-year extension to DACA recipients, plus more protections to those with Temporary Protected Status in exchange for part of his border wall projected to cost around $5.7 billion. Democrats have rejected the deal outright. They have no counteroffer. And if Democrats come up with one, it’ll be straight trash. The Democratic Party is more concerned with scoring points than re-opening the government. They say they want to negotiate, but have nothing to offer. 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/01/21/news-executive-democrats-arrogant-intransigence-could-bite-them-if-this-shutdown-drags-on-n2539373?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=01/22/2019&bcid=f3b32cb9739f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, steve4102 said:

Really, you actually do not have a clue do you.

The Thirteenth Amendment was an amendment to the United States Constitution,meaning that it was a change to the basic and most important laws that govern the United States. It abolished slavery in the United States.

Forcing you to go to work without pay is exactly that.  I am sure you are retired like me.  However, imagine if the private sector did the same thing?  Show up to work without pay, until I say so.

14 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Forcing you to go to work without pay is exactly that.  I am sure you are retired like me.  However, imagine if the private sector did the same thing?  Show up to work without pay, until I say so.

Are you serious of just trying to look obtuse?

Nobody is working without pay.  Nobody is working for free (except for Donald J Trump),  Those still working are either being payed as in out US Military or their pay will be deferred and come at a later date.

Just about everyone that is employed in the US, works on the deferred payment principle.  Turn in your time card on Friday, get a paycheck for those hours two to four weeks later.

Edited by steve4102

Just now, steve4102 said:

Are you serious of just trying to look obtuse?

Nobody is working without pay.  Nobody i working for free (except for Donald J Trump),  Those still working are either being payed as in out US Military or their pay will be deferred and come at a later date.

Just about everyone that is employed in the US, works on the deferred payment principle.  

Yes, yes they are.  If demand you show up to work by order of law, and I do not pay you, and I may never pay you, unless a law is made to pay you.  What have I done?

5 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Yes, yes they are.  If demand you show up to work by order of law, and I do not pay you, and I may never pay you, unless a law is made to pay you.  What have I done?

They can always quit and move on to the private sector.  Nobody is every forced to work for the Government, it is their choice.  They can leave at any time, slaves did not have such a luxury 

5 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

They can always quit and move on to the private sector.  Nobody is every forced to work for the Government, it is their choice.  They can leave at any time, slaves did not have such a luxury 

No.  When you work for the POTUS and he gives you a director order as part of the Executive to go to work and not get paid, dereliction of duty can get you more than just fired.

4 minutes ago, Moshe said:

No.  When you work for the POTUS and he gives you a director order as part of the Executive to go to work and not get paid, dereliction of duty can get you more than just fired.

Really?

What are you smoking this early in the day.

Even if this nonsense you just posted was true, Nobody is NOT getting payed, their pay will be deferred.

President Trump has already approved such a measure.  Not only did the President sign legislation that those still working will get payed at a later date, those that are sitting home enjoying time with their families will be getting back pay even though they are not even working.

• Like 1

Just now, steve4102 said:

Really?

What are you smoking this early in the day.

Even if this nonsense you just posted was true, Nobody is NOT getting payed, their pay will be deferred.

President Trump has already approved such a measure.  Not only did the President sign legislation that those still working will get payed at a later date, those that are sitting home enjoying time with their families will be getting back pay even though they are not even working.

Maybe.  Trump can't approve any measure without legislation.  He doesn't have a magic wand.  Further, you are misguided about people sitting at home.  Anyone that is a gun totter is REQUIERED to be at work.  No if's and's or butt's.  If the entire Homeland Security, Secret Service, FBI, DEA, Border Patrol, Coast Guard, didn't show up they would not only be terminated, they would prosecuted some of the slaves unlike the Hillary.

24 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Maybe.  Trump can't approve any measure without legislation.  He doesn't have a magic wand. 

Already approved, signed, sealed and delivered.  Slip on over to your favorite news organization CNN and see for yourself.

15 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

To be fair

pay deferred is not in my pocket, can’t pay mortgage, I can’t give the utilities an IOU.

they are living on their credit rating until the check comes. But it’s in the mail.

What does this have to do with slavery and the 13th?

1 hour ago, steve4102 said:

It means being placed in forced servitude.  The Government has lost this time and time again through class action.  Just waiting for my chunk from over two years ago.  Payouts are slow but they come.  Then I am going to get another chunk because Obama and Saladana decided to violate labor law and not pay FLSA, when you work ten hours a day, were expected to put in that much or more until the mission was complete.  That is going to be big money.  The Government can't help itself, it is woefully stupid.

1 hour ago, SC Tiger said:

Smartest thing Trump could do right now is (since as I understand it he's not taking a salary anyway - he effectively donates it) to donate his salary to out-of-work government employees.  That would get him some brownie points.

That would earn him Brownie points as he is Billionaire.  However, you very well, the Democrats will accuse him of "buying" votes.  Which, would be for the most part true.  FLEO's viewed Trump as a savior from eight years of Obamistan.  When they can't afford to feed their kids, the fast food hill for a sports party was a bad optic to say the least.  The problem, is now that Obama went out and claimed the Shutdown as his, he just lost the majority of the Conservative vote from a large chunk of that 850,000.  FLEO's by-in-large tend to be conservative and pro-gun.  If he needed their vote for a re-election, the only way he could succeed at this point would be an apology and a ten percent bump in salary.  Then they would love him again.  That would get him away from Democrats claiming he is buying votes, the Democrats would ignorantly think by supporting a measure that they had the FLEO loyalty.  They would not.  FLEO's tend to despise liberals because they love firearms.  Any down time, which is rare, the most looked up thing on the internet by FLEO's are firearms.  When the stupid Clinton ban ended you couldn't hear yourself thinking for the shouts of happiness.  We sell firearms to each other all the time.  I can't remember a time in my career where there wasn't someone who wasn't an armorer and/or had and FFL.

8 hours ago, steve4102 said:

If you are compelled to work with deferred pay indefinitely....how well do you think I’m gonna perform? How long is “indefinite”

work or be arrested is slavery (compulsive service)

Edited by Dric902