The Drive In.

5 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

giphy.gif?w=818&h=463

They used that film on the movie Grease.  It was a real drive-in intermission ad.

Absolutely no one involved in the movie,  until they were watching the final cut, had noticed that the bun holds itself open and the wiener jumps into it, just as Travolta sadly sings, "Oh, Sandy!"

They thought it was hilarious and left it that way.

• Haha 1

Back in the 70's I watched dusk till dawn Clint Eastwood movies at the drive in. Wasn't supposed to be working the next day. We had been shut down for fire danger. Well the shutdown was lifted in the evening. I didn't know that. Got woke up at 6 am after 15 minutes of sleep and tossed into the crummy and hauled to a logging job on the Rez. Still drunk. I sawed into my boots a couple times that morning with the chainsaw. Luckily did not cut myself. Never went to work like that again. Ever.

• Like 1

I took this BEAUTIFUL 'neck chick to one about twelve years ago (her insistence).  She got one of them pickled sausages out of the jar at the concession stand.  She never even washed her hands after eating that thing with the red sauce dripping all over her.  That was a gnarly looking sausage too, with like knots or some such all over it.  Later on when I was making out with her I could smell that nonsense on her hands / breath.  Man.   

Edited by PBCounty
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, PBCounty said:

I took this BEAUTIFUL 'neck chick to one about twelve years ago (her insistence).  She got one of them pickled sausages out of the jar at the concession stand.  She never even washed her hands after eating that thing with the red sauce dripping all over her.  That was a gnarly looking sausage too, with like knots or some such all over it.  Later on when I was making out with her you smell that nonsense on her hands / breath.  Man.   

Could have been worse ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still have a multi-plex drive in in Sacramento. My wife and I like to go once or twice a year.  Took the nieces and nephews five or six years ago - parked the F150 backwards filled it with sleeping bags, comforters and pillows for the kids and my wife and I sat in lawn chairs.  Fun summer evening!!

There's one not too far from me but it's usually way too hot to go sit in a car to watch a movie.  They are only open a few months out of the year or else I would consider going with some friends during cooler temps just for the kicks of it.

I was young the first time I went to the drive-in with a guy.  I was very naive and had no idea that his plans for the evening did not include actually watching the movie. 

• Like 2

I think we've got one left in all of Palm Beach County, one pretty damn large and populated county, and I believe it only shows movies now on Friday and Saturday nights.  The rest of the time it's closed or serves as an outdoor flea market. 

1 hour ago, PBCounty said:

I took this BEAUTIFUL 'neck chick to one about twelve years ago (her insistence).  She got one of them pickled sausages out of the jar at the concession stand.  She never even washed her hands after eating that thing with the red sauce dripping all over her.  That was a gnarly looking sausage too, with like knots or some such all over it.  Later on when I was making out with her you smell that nonsense on her hands / breath.  Man.   

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

• Like 2

I just discovered that there's one an hour and 39 minutes away from where I live. One of only 5 in the entire state of Washington. Drive-ins wer so popular when I was in high school that on a Friday or Saturday night you'd usually see other kids from school at the drive-in snack bar during intermission. The last time I went to a drive in was about 1985.

One movie I remember seeing in 1967 was Night of the Living Dead. I went with my girlfriend and her sister and a friend of mine and we bought burritos and beers before going to the movie. about a half hour into the movie we lost our appetites for the Burritos. My girlfriend was really freaked out by that movie and I was too, a little bit, and when we got home we both drank a lot of wine to calm our nerves.

• Like 1