Art Deco

DrB

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 10:36 PM, janice6 said:

I can't believe the price you would have to pay just for the raw burl without any work put into it.

Is there even anyone these days who could do that?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 11:00 PM, janice6 said:

We have had three dogs throughout our marriage.  A Miniature Poodle, and two Yorkies.  I love them all to death.  The Poodle lived to 14 years old.  The first Yorkie to 18 years old.  The Yorkie I have now is 19 years old.  When they live with you as long or even longer than your children, you tend to see them as real members of the family with all the consideration given to people.

I can't imagine how someone could live without a companion that you can tell anything to and they never judge.  My wife is pretty considerate, but my Yorkie is the epitome of discretion.

Dog people are "special" ....we have 2 Biewer terriers, they are our "children".... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DAKA said:

Is there even anyone these days who could do that?

Yes.  However, the real masters create articles for display and museums.  Obviously, a few people with considerable money have items made specifically for themselves.

Then there are the money people that buy "antiques".  I believe Cher was the one that bought a Stickley ( I believe it was the Chicago Ave. sideboard built exclusively for Stickley) sideboard for $600,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Think, how many of these "items" got trashed...replaced  by MODERN 

I remember in the 50's seeing a Tiffany lamp in a pile of junk in my aunts basement...I had no idea what that was, it probably went int the garbage

Edited by DAKA
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3