• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

image.png.2b91898c6099806858017ff13ee93fc8.png

I am certain that the men whom historically risked danger and death in the ancient world to deliver what now passes for modern civilization would roar with laughter and throw effeminate specimens like these from the closest high buildings, bridges or cliffs available.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2019 at 5:22 PM, Silentpoet said:

Why.  What would the female add to the original story.  The character was born by the author.  To change the gender of the character changes the author's story.  I wouldn't waste the time to watch a story when I bought into in the original version, if they started changing the characters to suit a social justice warrior goal. 

The existing story was written entirely for entertainment, nothing else.  If I want a social justice story I will watch the Democratic party's ensemble running for President (but, probably not). 

I agree that if you want a female "Wizard", a Witch, then write a story where the female character fits the role from the beginning.  Don't bastard up an existing novel.

Show some originality and creativity instead of riding on the back of a successful story line, because you don't believe you can come up with a comparably popular story of your own.

What this does, is cause the same response in the audience that bought into the original series, as you would get if you decided to make the character Wonder Woman into a Man.  Now you know how it would affect it's present followers.

Why is this different than making any existing lead character of a memorable story into a woman.  It's no different, it's just your intent to make a point unrelated with the story, to force a political agenda into a totally unrelated story.

Where is the creativity of women to make a notable tale of success against all literary odds, into a story with a female lead.  I suspect the suggestion of changing an existing successful story is due to the feeling that they cannot make an original story under the premise of gender equality.

So, is this belief that women cannot create a unique story of their own, with characters of their choosing the belief of the person wanting the change, or is it more universal than that.  I suspect the ticket or book sales would prove my point.

Come on women, write your own story and make your point instead of piggy backing your agenda on someone else's success because you have no faith in your claim that women are better or superior than men.  Let's see it if you really believe it.

Lest you believe that I am against women, remember I am a staunch supporter of this author and HER works.

• Like 2