Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

3 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Has to be an old picture based on the gas prices.

image.png.6c73fa4a800ea3a90823c45fc653bf55.png

https://www.insider.com/kroger-to-pay-workers-fired-for-not-wearing-lgbtq-symbols-180000-2022-10

"On Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Lee Rodofsky, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump in July 2019, ordered Kroger Limited Partnership to $180,000 to Rickerd and Lawson and "provide reasonable accommodations to employees who have sincere religious objections to Kroger's dress code," court documents show. Rudofsky also ordered the company to create a religious accommodation policy and new employee training."

Way to go JUDGE :worthy:     KROEGER :eric:     Enough of this BULLCRAP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

1 minute ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Everybody enjoy that turkey and sides today. I got mine last week.

Turkey - My Bag Limit For The Year - Thanksgiving.jpg

Go to Supermarket BUY turkey $40 (more or less)   Go Turkey hunting SHOOT turkey $5000, (Cost to include Transportation to hunting ground, License, Clothing, necessary Shotgun and ammo, Lodging for a week, equipment to clean and skin bird,  and GOK whatever else.....) Oh You already have the shotgun....subtract $500 ) :anim_rofl2:

• Haha 2

Strangers Who Met After Accidental Thanksgiving Plans (Jamal Hinton and Wanda Dench) Text Still Meeting Seven Years Later.
When the best laid plans go astray, accidents can take their place and the outcome can be just as good – if not better. Just ask Jamal Hinton and Wanda Dench, total strangers who met seven years ago after a text message seeking Thanksgiving plans went wrong.
On Tuesday, Nov. 22, Hinton shared a photo standing beside Dench outside a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, revealing the two accidental friends are carrying on their viral tradition that began totally by chance.
“To answer all your questions, yes Thanksgiving year 7 is planned out! See you guys Thursday!” Hinton captioned the photo with turkey and black heart emojis.
It all started like this.
In 2016, Dench, from Mesa, Az., accidentally sent a text to Hinton, telling the then 17-year-old that Thanksgiving dinner was at her house on Nov. 24 at 3 p.m.
It was meant for her grandson, who had changed his phone number. Instead, Hinton got the message while sitting in class at Desert Vista High School.
When the teen asked who sent it, Dench replied, “Your grandma,” with an elderly woman emoji.
Hinton wrote back, asking for a photo to prove the number really belonged to his grandmother.
After she sends a selfie image of herself at work, he replies with a photo of his face and a text saying she’s not his grandma.
“Can I still get a plate tho?” Hinton gently suggested.
“Of course you can. That’s what grandma’s do…feed everyone,” she replied with a piece of cake emoji, and so the pair have continued to this day.
Hinton had told his social media followers last week the two would be celebrating the day together again.
In an interview earlier this week with azfamily.com, Dench and Hinton reflected on the life changing benefits of giving in friendship while asking nothing in return.
“I would have missed out on a wonderful relationship,” Dench said, when asked what would have happened if she hadn’t invited Hinton over years ago. “I’ve changed my view so much on the younger generation, and now that I’ve reflected back on all these years, I didn’t change their life; they changed mine.”

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/2022/11/23/strangers-who-met-after-accidental-thanksgiving-plans-text-still-meeting-seven-years-later/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DAKA said:

Go to Supermarket BUY turkey $40 (more or less)   Go Turkey hunting SHOOT turkey $5000, (Cost to include Transportation to hunting ground, License, Clothing, necessary Shotgun and ammo, Lodging for a week, equipment to clean and skin bird,  and GOK whatever else.....) Oh You already have the shotgun....subtract $500 ) :anim_rofl2:

Full disclosure: While I have always enjoyed hunting and have done it all my life, I went turkey hunting only once. Didn't enjoy it and I don't even enjoy turkey that much. We always do a ham for Thanksgiving.

PS, your cost estimate would be extremely high for me. I can drive my Dodge to the woods in less than 45 minutes. I already wear camo two or three days a week, I do have to renew my license every year, I inherited the shotgun I use from my Grandfather, I never have to pay for extra lodging, I go home at night, I can clean a bird without any equipment other than the knives I already use. But I do get the sentiment, it can be costly to go hunting if you don't do it regularly. For me, the extra cost is the ammo, license and the gas money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Full disclosure: While I have always enjoyed hunting and have done it all my life, I went turkey hunting only once. Didn't enjoy it and I don't even enjoy turkey that much. We always do a ham for Thanksgiving.

PS, your cost estimate would be extremely high for me. I can drive my Dodge to the woods in less than 45 minutes. I already wear camo two or three days a week, I do have to renew my license every year, I inherited the shotgun I use from my Grandfather, I never have to pay for extra lodging, I go home at night, I can clean a bird without any equipment other than the knives I already use. But I do get the sentiment, it can be costly to go hunting if you don't do it regularly. For me, the extra cost is the ammo, license and the gas money.

YOU (and perhaps a few others) are the exception to the story    All in fun  :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Do "wild" turkeys taste better than "farmed"?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DAKA said:

YOU (and perhaps a few others) are the exception to the story    All in fun  :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

Yes, sir, I knew it was in jest. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

And yes, wild turkey has much more flavor than commercial turkey. But it is drier and that is due to the fact that wild turkeys are much, much more leaner than commercial and also commercial turkeys are usually injected with a brine mixture before packaging and freezing. So you need to cook wild turkeys differently including brining it yourself or making sure you use a broil in bag type cooking situation, we used to do both. I just have never liked turkey enough to put forth much of an effort to hunting them or cooking them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DAKA said:

It depends. Like pork, I think domesticated is a different animal, and I prefer the wild in both.

Wild birds are much leaner, have small er breasts, legs, thighs. The legs and thighs are pretty unusable. You gat a few bites off them, but not a lot, to me. The breast is much more developed, not large these birds are still capable of flight, and I think has a different texture and flavor. Breast them out, slice and fried is the preferred method for wild turkey around these parts. A smoked breast is good as well. Get an exceptional one, and it could go in the roaster. They are a treat IMHO, and don't give me the indigestion the domestic ones do.

Eastern Turkeys tend to run a little larger then the Rio Grand Turkeys we hunt, and capturing them and feeding them out would not be out of the question, in the day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Since the House is now going to be controlled by the Republicans will they allow the Dems. to investigate his taxes?

Trumps taxes? They will find a way. The ones I'd really like to see? Not happening.

Missed out on the Senate. Even if Walker wins the runoff, it will still Dem controlled, for a couple of reasons. Harris is the tie breaker vote, and Dems stick together like the thieves they are. The RINOS will make sure things go the Liberal way.

Impeach all you want, without a Senate conviction, it means nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

Trumps taxes? They will find a way. The ones I'd really like to see? Not happening.

Missed out on the Senate. Even if Walker wins the runoff, it will still Dem controlled, for a couple of reasons. Harris is the tie breaker vote, and Dems stick together like the thieves they are. The RINOS will make sure things go the Liberal way.

Impeach all you want, without a Senate conviction, it means nothing.

I don’t know… except when Nixon was persuaded to resign rather than face impeachment hearings they have just wasted the time of elected officials and the staffs. Maybe, though, the wasting of their time could be reason enough to go through the process. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I don’t know… except when Nixon was persuaded to resign rather than face impeachment hearings they have just wasted the time of elected officials and the staffs. Maybe, though, the wasting of their time could be reason enough to go through the process. 

Maybe keep them busy with this B/S and not making up with other stuff....DJT has to be the MOST INVESTIGATED individual on the face of the earth, and after spending untold MILLIONS of DOLLARS this is what they find

What an absolute steaming pile of **** CRAP  F' THEM all        GUILLOTINE the useless F'ers   (Rant over...need to take my BP meds)

Is the TURKEY READY? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1