Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

30 minutes ago, Eric said:

I think that pic is computer generated, from a video game or something. 

Just curious, why you'd think that.  I've seen those bad boys tore up like that during the gulf war.

image.png.d3f5429792c4252b5fd0b43375a7c320.png

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-story-of-kim-campbell-the-heroic-female-a-10-pilot-who-landed-her-damaged-warthog-using-only-cranks-and-cables/

• Like 2

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Just curious, why you'd think that.  I've seen those bad boys tore up like that during the gulf war.

image.png.d3f5429792c4252b5fd0b43375a7c320.png

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-story-of-kim-campbell-the-heroic-female-a-10-pilot-who-landed-her-damaged-warthog-using-only-cranks-and-cables/

Look at the hits on that aircraft in that pic. There are hits on the top of the wing, high up and on the top of the fuselage, on the tops of the engines and even hits on the inboard side of the starboard engine. Most of the hits are round, so they were straight in, more or less. Was the bird inverted over the enemy? How did it present itself to the enemy fire in such a way as to get so many hits, from so many angles? Straight-in hits from so many directions seem unlikely. The pic looks improbable. Not improbable because the A-10 can’t take such battle damage. I’ve seen hundreds of pics and videos that show that it can. That particular pic does not look right though. 

Video game graphics are amazing. They can easily replicate a pic of the realism and resolution as that one. Also, when I did an image search for that pic, all I got was a reference to a search result set. There were no pics of other angles or links to a story or article the pic was embedded in. FWIW, I DID find plenty of supporting content for the Captain Campbell pics. Those are obviously real and they look real.

Anyway, I don’t trust anything online anymore, unless I can find independent content that corroborates it. That pic just looks CG and I didn’t find anything that referenced it, except people posting it on their Instagram accounts, with a variety of back-stories. Maybe I’m wrong. It has happened once or twice. I think that pic isn’t RL though. 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Look at the hits on that aircraft in that pic. There are hits on the top of the wing, high up and on the top of the fuselage, on the tops of the engines and even hits on the inboard side of the starboard engine. Most of the hits are round, so they were straight in, more or less. Was the bird inverted over the enemy? How did it present itself to the enemy fire in such a way as to get so many hits, from so many angles? Straight-in hits from so many directions seem unlikely. The pic looks improbable. Not improbable because the A-10 can’t take such battle damage. I’ve seen hundreds of pics and videos that show that it can. That particular pic does not look right though. 

Video game graphics are amazing. They can easily replicate a pic of the realism and resolution as that one. Also, when I did an image search for that pic, all I got was a reference to a search result set. There were no pics of other angles or links to a story or article the pic was embedded in. FWIW, I DID find plenty of supporting content for the Captain Campbell pics. Those are obviously real and they look real.

Anyway, I don’t trust anything online anymore, unless I can find independent content that corroborates it. That pic just looks CG and I didn’t find anything that referenced it, except people posting it on their Instagram accounts, with a variety of back-stories. Maybe I’m wrong. It has happened once or twice. I think that pic isn’t RL though. 

Also note how the fuselage panel with the TAC shield is unscathed. Doesn't look right.

• Like 2

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Also note how the fuselage panel with the TAC shield is unscathed. Doesn't look right.

Now that you mention it, that sectio of the fuselage isn't the same color as the forward part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1