Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

On 4/9/2019 at 6:44 PM, Dric902 said:

funny, there isn’t nearly as much smoke as their used to be.

Thanks -- this is the first time I've seen this and it's kind of funny -- it's winter time and the polen is pretty bad.  I've worked on C, D, E, E LES, and RF's -- Phantastic airframe..

As far as smoke, if I remember, when they got rid of the -17 and -19 GE engines, the smoke just about stopped. The -21's were almost smoke free.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:09 PM, Swampfox762 said:
  • What the heck is that???  Must have had Tacos last night!!:greensupergrin:
  • tumblr_n8jx0leTRz1txx6x7o1_r5_400.gif

Wish I could remember the Majors name, but he was the FB-111A Test Pilot at Pease AFB NH.  And yes, I have worked on THAT aircraft.  Actually with 11 years total between Pease and Plattsburgh AFB NY I have worked on every FB-111A built.

• Like 2

AVvXsEihRRdOnv-eDIoSABPEOBy7Wt13ATGF1tIYXreeOCI-rCFNQ3R6ero6iTofKj5EoVQ3R5uAYQRZx-wkqdORAJcebx16d3SXx2jrGgLTSynx_ImkXeNr9Dtg4lLzT5dSM1lwlx9547uUuajK58RYTRavy4VYnwfh02fhbxOzf8hpRBFjV0JGbc48RbEuZg=w677-h334

NF-106B (N816NA) showing several of the 714 lightning strikes it incurred during 1,496 thunderstorm penetrations over 6 years at NASA’s Storm Hazards Program to study the effects of lightning strikes on aircraft. In 1984 it was struck 72 times in a period of 45 minutes while flying at 38,000 feet.

• Like 2