Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

On 12/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Swampfox762 said:

I ain't never seen Nothin like that.  Damn plane comes to a STOP though!!!

I think these are from recently declassified tests where they planned on landing C-130s in Tehran's downtown municipal soccer stadium to rescue the hostages in 1979.   It didn't work, so the moved the operation to Desert One...which didn't work either.   HH

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

If you ever wondered what was under the sleek skin of a fighter aircraft, it's just a "rack of equipment necessary to do its job.  The Green bottle is liquid Oxygen for the pilot.  Can hold more Oxygen in liquid form than as compressed gas in the same volume.

The plane is like a truck hauling the stuff you work with.

This is from a test aircraft at NASA Dryden in Edwards Airforce Base.  I had some work to do there.

Sorry that some of these are out of order but I don't do this for a living.

fighter.jpg

F15BAY.JPG

P0000349.JPG

P0000350.JPG

P0000351.JPG

P0000352.JPG

P0000353.JPG

P0000356.JPG

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, janice6 said:

All things considered this project resulted in remarkable engineering techniques to utilize Titanium in many wonderful ways.

I like how the Soviets sold us the titanium through a series of shell companies set up by the CIA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

retired U.S. Air Force B-52H Stratofortress nicknamed 'Damage Inc. II' was recently taken out of storage at the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group's 'boneyard' at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and disassembled before beginning its journey eastward across the country to be partially reassembled for research and development purposes. Now the stripped-down 'BUFF' is on the road and drawing huge amounts of attention. 

Full story here.

AVvXsEj9Ium2vOiwgzc1fLfZ2taU2-qrQCd9fLXsFLeWnX9tLiTrWPVeVDZnIyuDMHy7qdJomhur_JQU--iXaSkj3AXYkxgN3CLWk0SFK5GUPHe9-8gJl_h7LOeW6nwz7ewj6V0bVsIZzPTQSfuRkMJI3JZ0Valq1W6Q1eoL_hyOpCeh9Tmb7W3PYY4Wn4pKSw=s1440

AVvXsEhmQOyeJPLoa3-6L8OjYeqtZ8bWzv3X2bV5AaKX-F5aRfheaJjDMebOzaaCNc_2ESTPZqCZuMe00zPWSFqRVeWmXCVhEni-CtqhIDOuC4AW9WG-QQUgR3-ECFJnXZMafK8lgnvvRVESXmco66gKfac0Pm3gRnQVDNaobyk_RWXkOOcz5D8EyaF4AdyoMQ=s1000

AVvXsEi83dEulD7ctI9XTmhEEk7RZUSv0ZzGYboHMkUSNd8dPFEZwfyDrMlZNYUAEAELJjXIpYOi5Yc7x0mrr5ebKJoVrcwzF7zPMkBnjvck0CoIgXotdpVdLwjEFWmWPgzCnnWXgiMbvh4ocmPusLWeATIcWCWgW0MLx95axgxcn-xo5vIPAH5ty-Fuk5-XJg=s2048

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1