Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

On 8/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, Swampfox762 said:

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) and USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) are both currently docked at Naval Air Station North Island, which sits right across the bay from downtown San Diego.

I honestly don't understand why all the planes are on the deck in the hot sun.  For "Show"?  I think they should be below deck.  I'm sure the russians and chi-coms love this picture.

2-carriers-with-air-wings-north-island.jpg

No one would DARE put nucs inside ordinary cargo containers, load those onto container ships headed for the half dozen or so major commercial ports next door to our major navel bases and detonate simultaneously as the container ships entered the ports… would they?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Swampfox762 said:

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) and USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) are both currently docked at Naval Air Station North Island, which sits right across the bay from downtown San Diego.

I honestly don't understand why all the planes are on the deck in the hot sun.  For "Show"?  I think they should be below deck.  I'm sure the russians and chi-coms love this picture.

2-carriers-with-air-wings-north-island.jpg

Seems like a TERRIBLE idea to park two carriers in such proximity. What is that- 20% of our fleet? 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 3:35 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Now I ask ya...Did he plan that?

lucky-crash.gif?w=444

Nope. High angle of attack, low airspeed. The tree just kept him from crashing upside down. I believe he was already crashing before the camera picked him up.

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

Nope. High angle of attack, low airspeed. The tree just kept him from crashing upside down. I believe he was already crashing before the camera picked him up.

Looks like he started a stall spin....   Never a good outcome.  keep it straight and level and hope for the best!

• Like 1