Ugliest Firearm Ever Made?

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 8:57 PM, Eric said:

This is another fugly one, but with a cool history.

liberator-pistol.jpg.773aa601d1d8c99a9218bfceb00d9973.jpg

ha, that's exactly what came to mind. a CLOSE second is the hi-point. Having said that, I wouldn't mind having a real one (not a replica) just to say that I own a piece of history. No way on Earth I would ever shoot it, but own it, yes.

On 8/22/2017 at 8:49 PM, Gun Shark said:

I actually think those are kinda cool looking in a weird way. I wonder how they shoot.

They actually shoot really well. It shoots from the lower chamber of the cylinder and the barrel is in line with the trigger finger. Because of this configuration the perceived recoil is more like a soft push-back that a twist-up flip. Shooting 38 SPL feels like 22Mag, and shootin 357Mag feels like a light loaded 38SPL. Added benefit is faster, more accurate follow up shots.

• 9 months later...
On 8/23/2017 at 12:01 AM, Eric said:

Don't turn this one upside-down, or all the luck will drain out. I guess with that many rounds though, you don't need much luck. Well, except the luck that will hopefully keep it from jamming. Or blowing up in your hand.

unusual_guns_15.jpg.0bea5b556f29ffc26699726156e25d97.jpg

Actually, the Astra 400 [at least that is what it looks like] is a pretty good shooter. Bought one "mail order" back in the '60's and once used to its quirks, I liked it. I must admit though, I have never seen a magazine quite like that one. The 9mm Largo cartridge it fired was a pretty good but corrosive - like most cartridges of the time. I still have several 25 rd boxes.