Dramatic Pictures

Eric

The scars of Cold War could be found across the globe. In my opinion the most interesting site in Lithuania is Plokstine Missile Base. It was one of the first of its kind in the whole Soviet Union and was discovers by the U.S.only in 1978.

bz-5cdc90f61bdd4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, railfancwb said:

8cb9779ad9fbe9836c43c19d684dc218.jpg

Ultimate snowbird?

Apparently lives in Phoenix AZ seven winter months, operates BBQ joint in Silverton CO five warmer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent pork BBQ, they make a great pork sundae. It has my fat man’s seal of approval.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love this place! Close to heaven for me.

That McDonalds in the right background is my favorite McD. Because the trains can be seen and heard while dining there. Less to hear now, though, since the railroad is using diesels to switch the yard.

The railroad’s free museum may be the world’s most under appreciated museum, covering much more than railroads. And the $5 back shop and yard tour is a bargain.

• Like 2

This was the first train of the day from Durango, the one we rode. The picture I posted previously was of the second train the previous day when we drove to Silverton.

25aec23c715613b9600e6433138f5e07.jpg

For people not familiar with Durango and Silverton operations, they select locomotives based on the number of cars to be pulled, and the first train is usually shorter.

• Like 6

• Eric featured this topic