Random Posting

Eric

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.892b5d2f75628a15c397f7a26cbadd94.png

Hell, I sent my wife a letter from Europe when I was in the Navy and I specifically said this!

The result was explained to me when I got back home to her.  It was, "Oh, you!", with a dismissive wave of the hand.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Hell, I sent my wife a letter from Europe when I was in the Navy and I specifically said this!

The result was explained to me when I got back home to her.  It was, "Oh, you!", with a dismissive wave of the hand.

Every railroader has the same story of being in the hotel or dorm at the ‘away from home terminal’ when the crew all center calls home to give you a work call.

varying degrees of ‘he’s already at work’ and phone calls from the wives wanting to know where they ‘really’ are

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Every railroader has the same story of being in the hotel or dorm at the ‘away from home terminal’ when the crew all center calls home to give you a work call.

varying degrees of ‘he’s already at work’ and phone calls from the wives wanting to know where they ‘really’ are

I used to do that to her all the time.  She finally got to the point that, if I said I was going to run off with another woman, she would laugh and ask where I found a woman that would take me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I used to do that to her all the time.  She finally got to the point that, if I said I was going to run off with another woman, she would laugh and ask where I found a woman that would take me.

It happened to us twice, the second time she told them “you don’t even know where he is? He said you were dumbasses”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

This is what the History Channel should be instead of that goofy ass alien crap.

So, he essentially made a candle by using vegetation for a wick.  It would seem than any porous material would absorb a liquid that would burn.

Possibly, the people that did this, originally never had the wherewithal to acquire more sophisticated wick material, so this was a zero cost, "make do".

Of course any person with any kind of animals would have fat from them to use as a combustible material.  Although interesting, this does seem like an exercise in futility.

• Like 3

In another vein.

You know how, as a parent, you tend to wonder how much your children are like you.  

Well, after a recent trip to my Doctor for my annual physical, It included an ear exam.

When I got home I sent my son an email stating that after my ear exam by my doctor, I had an idea.

Since we both have endoscopes that function on our smartphones, I told him I pulled it out and stuck it in my ear and I could see stuff really well.  It was coooool!.

He emailed me back with the comment that, he had the same idea after his colonoscopy but thought better of it.

I couldn't be more pleased to realize that he turned out just as screwed up as I am.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

So, he essentially made a candle by using vegetation for a wick.  It would seem than any porous material would absorb a liquid that would burn.

Possibly, the people that did this, originally never had the wherewithal to acquire more sophisticated wick material, so this was a zero cost, "make do".

Of course any person with any kind of animals would have fat from them to use as a combustible material.  Although interesting, this does seem like an exercise in futility.

It was the light of the poor people who wouldn't have much option for  a better wick material back then is what I gathered.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Did you know films are in color now and they are talkies too.

When I was in high school, I took my girl roller skating and I was pretty buzzed at the time.  I remember my own skate wheels going over my finger and breaking it.  For the life of me I can't remember how that happened.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic