Random Posting

Eric

On 7/19/2019 at 9:39 PM, DrB said:

I'd like to stick around but there seems to be a dead hooker in my trunk.  I have to go find my shovel...

hooker.jpg

Picture taken of Elon Musk's personal Tesla minutes before blasting it into space......

On 7/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, tous said:

See if they'll take a Nissan Maxima as an even trade.

:biggrin:

Eric has some bargaining room - he almost has two Maximas!

On 7/21/2019 at 12:43 AM, Eric said:

I wonder how this ended? People are so ****ing stupid. 

BF401400-639B-4B46-AADD-20381DC03ADD.jpeg.e9700038b4d0dbd78b2e9855fba5d728.jpeg

I see that and I think of the time I was floating around in my (above ground) swimming pool as a kid, bumped into the side, and it broke open.........

Would've been a GREAT Youtube video...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

Picture taken of Elon Musk's personal Tesla minutes before blasting it into space......

Eric has some bargaining room - he almost has two Maximas!

I see that and I think of the time I was floating around in my (above ground) swimming pool as a kid, bumped into the side, and it broke open.........

Would've been a GREAT Youtube video...

The weight of water (62.4 lbs. per cubic foot) makes that a miracle that kid hasn't been injured or killed by the balcony collapsing due to an overload.

Example:  if it's 12 feet long, 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep, that's 96 cubic feet of water at 62.4 lbs./ft^3.  or a total of almost 6,000 lbs.nm (3 Tons)

Let's assume my dimensional guessing  is off by 50%.  This is still a 3,000 lb load on a deck made to support a small number of people.

• Like 4

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The weight of water (62.4 lbs. per cubic foot) makes that a miracle that kid hasn't been injured or killed by the balcony collapsing due to an overload.

Example:  if it's 12 feet long, 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep, that's 96 cubic feet of water at 62.4 lbs./ft^3.  or a total of almost 6,000 lbs.nm (3 Tons)

Let's assume my dimensional guessing  is off by 50%.  This is still a 3,000 lb load on a deck made to support a small number of people.

Not to mention the risk of push out on the railing, which is far weaker than the balcony beneath it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Seriously OUCH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll buff... er, grow right out. If he's really committed to it, he'll let it continue to grow as is.

Interestingly enough, that's the same reason my former Mother-in-Law now wears long pants when using the weed whacker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Seriously OUCH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't happen if you have long hours on a grinder.  By then you have already lost that hair, or that shirt. Or coiled that long cord around the spindle a dozen times.

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, tehan2 said:

too easy... everyone knows the front guy is steve mcqueen and the back guy is a famous chicken farmer

I always wondered how he accomplished so much with heart problems. How did the Army Air Corps allow him to fly, for instance? He had a hell of a life. 

• Like 2

The Royal Air Force let Douglas Bader fly with two prosthetic legs,  so maybe a leaky heart valve wasn't disqualifying.

Mr. Shelby did indeed have a hell of a life and we are better off because he did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I always liked "Super" over "Turbo".  Neighbor ran a "Rail" for years.

A hot rod guy I knew, when I asked, Supercharger or turbo? replied, if you can go up: supercharger.  If you can't, go sideways: turbo.

Unless the engine is exposed, it all depends on where the empty space is.

Is that a striaght-six or a straight-eight flathead?

Hard to tell even after counting the ports for  the exhaust manifolds.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, tous said:

A hot rod guy I knew, when I asked, Supercharger or turbo? replied, if you can go up: supercharger.  If you can't, go sideways: turbo.

Unless the engine is exposed, it all depends on where the empty space is.

Is that a striaght-six or a straight-eight flathead?

Hard to tell even after counting the ports for  the exhaust manifolds.

It’s a Packard Straight 8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic