Random Posting

Eric

Just now, railfancwb said:

I subscribe to one of the music streaming services. Apple Music as it happens.

Just occurred to me to wonder: Does each service have its own copies of songs, or do they all access the same library?

They pay royalties individually based on their contract. They maintain their own libraries because they are paying for digital rights. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

They pay royalties individually based on their contract. They maintain their own libraries because they are paying for digital rights. 

Kinda what I thought. So “Big Iron” by Marty Robbins, for example, has multiple copies in Apple Music, Amazon, etc.  

• Like 1

Source of 3.8 magnitude earthquake that rattled the Buffalo, New York, area discovered.
A 3.8 magnitude earthquake rattled the Buffalo, New York, area early Monday.
The quake struck around 6:15 a.m. and was centered just over a mile northeast of West Seneca at a depth of about 1.9 miles, the US Geological Survey said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, the Buffalo office of the National Weather Service said.
A reporter in the Buffalo area who noted that the rumbling was centered immediately in the area where he was reporting on another story reviewed his tapes and found the source of the quake:

00 Boob Quake.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5