Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
Just now, JMag said:

U.K. spelling? IDK, didn’t look into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the company sign. It has the letters ‘ISIS’ at the end. What two words precede it?

• Like 1

Look at the company sign. It has the letters ‘ISIS’ at the end. What two words precede it?

I get that, it’s the “analisis” instead of analysis I was asking about.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, JMag said:

I get that, it’s the “analisis” instead of analysis I was asking about.

Maybe Turbo Anal ISIS is really a thing. 

• Like 2

So, I was listening to Little Deuce Coupe by the Beach Boys and I have questions.

Can a 1932 Ford coupe hot rod with a flathead V8, yes, it was bored and stroked and had a competition clutch,  really, "get rubber in all four gears?"

And considering that the song came out in 1963, could that coupe really walk a contemporary Thunderbird?

I mean, this was what?  Generation three for Thunderbird and you could get  390 ci V8 with three two-barrel carbs producing 390 horse power in 1963.

That deuce coupe might take it, but hardly walk it.

That song might could be lyin' to us.  :miff:

We can't even trust The Beach Boys.  :cry:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, tous said:

So, I was listening to Little Deuce Coupe by the Beach Boys and I have questions.

Can a 1932 Ford coupe hot rod with a flathead V8, yes, it was bored and stroked and had a competition clutch,  really, "get rubber in all four gears?"

And considering that the song came out in 1963, could that coupe really walk a contemporary Thunderbird?

I mean, this was what?  Generation three for Thunderbird and you could get  390 ci V8 with three two-barrel carbs producing 390 horse power in 1963.

Getting rubber is more dependent on the weight in the rear as horses. I had a ‘73 charger that weighed about as much as a pop can in the rear. Smoked em like a bong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tous said:

On the T Bird you have to consider the weight too.  My rough head math says the deuce coupe would be lighter.  But I'm not sure when the bloated luxury weight happened on the TBird. 

Probably Gen 5 around 1967 was when the Thunderbird went from a sports coupe to a luxury boulevard cruiser.

That was the year they had the wide oval grill, pointy nose and GASP!  offered a four-door model.

Made sense.

A Ford two door sports coupe was -- a Mustang and much cheaper than a Thunderbird.

Ruined a great marque.  :sigh:

I like the 2nd generation with the eyebrows over the headlights; the 'square Birds.'

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, tous said:

Probably Gen 5 around 1967 was when the Thunderbird went from a sports coupe to a luxury boulevard cruiser.

That was the year they had the wide oval grill, pointy nose and GASP!  offered a four-door model.

Made sense.

A Ford two door sports coupe was -- a Mustang and much cheaper than a Thunderbird.

Ruined a great marque.  :sigh:

I like the 2nd generation with the eyebrows over the headlights; the 'square Birds.'

The Thunderbird got bigger and substantially heavier in 1958. 

• Like 2

Yes, that was the year they added a back seat, but it didn't become a bloated pseudo-Lincoln wannabe until Gen 5.

I can still see the '58 through '66 'Birds as sports coupes/roadsters, though they weren't all that nimble, they had good power.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic