Random Posting

Eric

10 hours ago, tous said:

So, I was listening to Little Deuce Coupe by the Beach Boys and I have questions.

Can a 1932 Ford coupe hot rod with a flathead V8, yes, it was bored and stroked and had a competition clutch,  really, "get rubber in all four gears?"

And considering that the song came out in 1963, could that coupe really walk a contemporary Thunderbird?

I mean, this was what?  Generation three for Thunderbird and you could get  390 ci V8 with three two-barrel carbs producing 390 horse power in 1963.

That deuce coupe might take it, but hardly walk it.

That song might could be lyin' to us.  :miff:

We can't even trust The Beach Boys.  :cry:

The Little deuce coupe would easily weigh less than 2000 pounds, Maybe he was sporting a blower they didn't tell us about. Maybe he was getting 250-300 HP. With the street tire available at the time, chirping the tires in all four gears would be possible with deep gears. A 390 1963 T-Bird was maybe a high 15 low 16 second car with a good driver. So right conditions, even without a blower the little deuce coupe could have had him by 2 seconds..... I would call that walking someone.

The weakest part of the song is rubber in all four gears while getting a good quarter mile time.

Plus maybe the driver in the T-Bird sucked, then it could have been an easy race. 

• Like 2

The worst part of the song is the chorus, She's my little deuce coup, you don't know what I got.

Sure, we know what you got. You told us in the bridge what you got.

:miff:

The only way to know for sure, we  us a deuce coupe hot rod and a 1963 Thunderbird and have the race.

Eric, can you have them by Thursday?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tous said:

The worst part of the song is the chorus, She's my little deuce coup, you don't know what I got.

The only way to know for sure, we  us a deuce coupe hot rod and a 1963 Thunderbird and have the race.

Need a hot rod Lincoln 

• Like 1

That was three cars, wasn't it?

I don't think Eric will let us have three cars.

NB forget the Commander Cody version and listen to the original Charlie Ryan version

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tous said:

UNLESS it has that blower in it.  Because if it has that blower, they didn't tell us about it.

• Like 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic