Random Posting

Eric

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Making a tunnel with a truck

The Romans created the arch, 2200+ years ago with keystone, withstood the sands of time. As some can see, some of their architecture is still standing, a testament to the enginunity of a civilization

That's really cool as all hell!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother's son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.

Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention and purpose.

Via @ BlueRidgeBelievers

d6438d724f6e403d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him. He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother's son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.

I seem to be the only one of my high school bunch (elementary school,  even) that is absolutely carrying through on my Peter-Pan vows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

I asked an elderly man once what it was like to be old and to know the majority of his life was behind him.

He told me that he has been the same age his entire life. He said the voice inside of his head had never aged. He has always just been the same boy. His mother's son. He had always wondered when he would grow up and be an old man. He said he watched his body age and his faculties dull but the person he is inside never got tired. Never aged. Never changed.

Thank you Dreams.

I've lived all my life feeling like this.  And still do to this day...  I've just never seen it put into words like that... so...correctly.  Thank you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Our spirits are eternal. Our souls are forever. The next time you encounter an elderly person, look at them and know they are still a child, just as you are still a child and children will always need love, attention and purpose.

Via @ BlueRidgeBelievers

d6438d724f6e403d.jpg

Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.
Robert Heinlein
  • Like 2

Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man who has been hoodwinked in this fashion; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, whose mind is free. No, not the rack nor the atomic bomb, not anything. You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
Robert A Heinlein
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 6:03 PM, janice6 said:

Yep.  It's no longer necessary to punish the most vile and cruel of criminals just like it's the new teaching of the Pope, not of the Bible, to endorse same sex marriages.    the church needs the money.

Consider how the church's doctrine has changed so significantly over the years while the words in the Bible have remained the same..................

“Woe to the shepherds (civil leaders, rulers) who are destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord . Therefore thus says the Lord , the God of Israel, in regard to the shepherds who care for and feed My people: “You have scattered My flock and driven them away, and have not attended to them; hear this, I am about to visit and attend to you for the evil of your deeds,” says the Lord .
Jeremiah 23:1‭-‬4 AMP
https://bible.com/bible/1588/jer.23.1-4.AMP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

The people at our local grocery store seem to get a chuckle when I tell my wife that if she doesn't stick to the grocery list and quit browsing, I will have to get her a collar and a leash.  She's considering it.

Make sure the 5"  come take me NOW Big Boy,  spike heels match.  

• Haha 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic