Uniform question

gwalchmai

• Administrators

In the Army, the short hashmarks on the right sleeve denote time in a combat theater, in increments of 6 months. The diagonal stripes on the left sleeve denote years of service, in 3-year increments. I am relying on old memories here, but I think that is correct. I'm not sure how the Marines do things.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

:drillsergeant:   Neither are they.   

If you don’t like the Marine Corps, stick around 10 minutes. They will change it. There was always a new directive just to screw things up as soon as you figured out the last one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Army stripes on the left sleeve are awarded for years in service, 3 years for one stripe for US Army.

Stripes on the right sleeve indicate time served in a war zone. Their official designation is Overseas Service Bar. Each stripe represents 6 months. Sometimes they are called combat stripes, but they don't mean someone has actually seen combat, just that the served in a war zone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Hmmmmm.

225px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2008-0276%2C_Hans_Heinrich_Lammers.jpg

I was thinking Starship Troopers, but the Starship Troopers uniforms have a NAZI vibe to them. I know the makers of the movie wanted to give a negative spin to politics of the movie, but a lot of ideas put forth made a lot of sense to me. What is wrong with people having to put something in to have a say in how things run?

starship-trooopers-nazi-uniforms.png

1002689397-photo-u-870888569.jpeg

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

They are supposed to make the short girls appear taller.

8nskkb.jpg

p3892_p_v8_ah.jpg

You know, if he is going to be hosing people with an M-60, he should really be wearing his hat. I'm just saying. I don't think it is official if you aren't wearing a hat.

1_27s6s6JPrs1jMBnuYNOpyQ.jpg

• Haha 2

• Administrators

This is why no one fights Switzerland. If you win, you are the guys who beat up on guys dressed like that. If you lose, you are the guys who got beat up by guys dressed like that. It's your classic no-win scenario.

main-qimg-4f7323b6b343c46b982c16ee21985a72-lq.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eric said:

This is why no one fights Switzerland. If you win, you are the guys who beat up on guys dressed like that. If you lose, you are the guys who got beat up by guys dressed like that. It's your classic no-win scenario.

main-qimg-4f7323b6b343c46b982c16ee21985a72-lq.jpeg

Just remember the uniforms and antiquated weapons are part of an old tradition. They are just a few seconds apart from automatic weapons and well trained in their use. 

• Thanks 1