ARR TEE Fn AAA, Tex!

gwalchmai

41 minutes ago, El Spicoli said:

Pinche gringos.

REALLY

The phrase "pinche gringo" is a derogatory term in Mexican Spanish. "Pinche" is a vulgar adjective often used to express annoyance, frustration, or to insult someone or something. It can be translated as "damn," "bloody," or "freaking" in English, depending on the context. "Gringo" is a term typically used to refer to a foreigner, specifically an English-speaking person, often from the United States. Therefore, "pinche gringo" can be understood as an offensive way to refer to an annoying or disliked English-speaking foreigner.

:couch:

• Like 1

Viva La Raza!

The Latinos have been able to take over TX this time with very few shots fired.  Heck, our Governor is giving them free bus trips if they are tired of the TX heat.   We've given you tacos, margaritas, cheap labor, and fentanyl, how do you not like us? 

No me gusto el gente en Nuveo York.

• Haha 2

"The history of brave Texans is a collection of stories of ordinary Irishmen doing what comes naturally."

I don't remember where I heard that, but it annoyed the heck out of the Texan in the room.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

https://www.houstonculture.org/hispanic/alamo.html#:~:text=Of the estimated 189 men,Antonio Fuentes%2C and Andrés Nava.

Most of the Alamo defenders weren't from Texas. 

29 were from Europe, mostly England or Ireland, 17 from KY, 12 from PA, 30 from TN, 8 from TX, 12 from VA, buncha others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alamo_defenders

That list doesn't include the Tejanos, folk of Latin ancestry that liked freedom as much or more than the Europeans.

To be most accurate, Texas did not exist in February of 1836

What later became the Republic of Texas was a territory of Mexico.

Thus, all citizens, residents or visitors in the Alamo at the time were Mexican.

Latinos, the ancestral combination of Spanish conquerors and Central and South American Indians, have formed few if any enduring countries or civilizations since the 15th century.

How many rulers, foreign and domestic, has Mexico had since the 17th century?

Heck, they were ruled by France and like most of south and central America, had a revolution every fifteen minutes.

Despite being a loser time after time, they kept inviting Antonio Santa Anna, the Joe Biden of Mexico,  from exile to rule them yet again.

The phrase and concept of banana republic isn't talking about Jamaica and Harry Belafonte.

Today, Mexico is little more than a criminal enterprise with a few oil wells and nice beaches.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DAKA said:

REALLY

The phrase "pinche gringo" is a derogatory term in Mexican Spanish. "Pinche" is a vulgar adjective often used to express annoyance, frustration, or to insult someone or something. It can be translated as "damn," "bloody," or "freaking" in English, depending on the context. "Gringo" is a term typically used to refer to a foreigner, specifically an English-speaking person, often from the United States. Therefore, "pinche gringo" can be understood as an offensive way to refer to an annoying or disliked English-speaking foreigner.

:couch:

Can you Translate this, or does it have a universal meaning?

bidencartoon8.jpg

• Like 2

As I understand it, for Mexicans, pinche is an adjective akin to English Damn! or ****!

This pinche pendejo is basically '******* clown.'

Not a compliment.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Spanish, like every other language, has regional, national, economic class and age-related slang and lingo.

Don't be a hoser, you wanker.

:599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

• Haha 2

I only like taco bell and mexicans didn't even give us that.  Mexicans make the sushi at that place though.  Comforting.  When I was in New York, they made the italian food at those places.  Also weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rellik said:

In my neighborhood,  Boyle Heights, East LA. It was pinche puto. 

I worked in Boyle heights once near Soto street doing HUD kitchen and bathroom remodels. I was referred to as a habacho but not a pinche habacho. And black people were referred to as mayate's.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tous said:

As I understand it, for Mexicans, pinche is an adjective akin to English Damn! or ****!

This pinche pendejo is basically '******* clown.'

Not a compliment.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Spanish, like every other language, has regional, national, economic class and age-related slang and lingo.

Don't be a hoser, you wanker.

:599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

Correction: Pinche Pendejo does not translate as F'ing Clown. F'ing Clown would be Pinche Payaso.

joe10b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Borg warner said:

I worked in Boyle heights once near Soto street doing HUD kitchen and bathroom remodels. I was referred to as a habacho but not a pinche habacho. And black people were referred to as mayate's.

I would catch the RTD city bus right where that big ugly Sears store was. Passed the Farmer John slaughter house (used in the first "Carrie" movie) and school in Huntington Park. 

• Like 1