A&E Documentary, "Corn Pop, where is he now?"

Did you really believe this thread was anything but a hoax?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you really believe this thread was anything but a hoax?

• Yes - I thought it might have actually had some meaningful content. But, I can see now that I was wrong.
    • No - it was simply click bait. But, I was curious anyhow.

Made you look.

Ain't going to happen.

Biden goes on to say that a group of gang members called "The Romans" came to the pool, including the gang leader Corn Pop. Biden says he yelled at Corn Pop to stop bouncing on the diving board, calling him Esther Williams, after the famous 50s female swimmer.

After Biden insulted Corn Pop, the gang leader supposedly said he'd meet the future vice president outside his car when he got off work. Biden says Corn Pop showed up with three guys and straight razors, but that a white mechanic working at the pool cut a six-foot length of chain from the line that separated the deep end for Biden to arm himself with. 

Biden also explains that the straight razors wielded by Corn Pop and his fellow gang members were rusty, since that was apparently a common method of street fighting at the time. Biden says he apologized to Corn Pop for calling him Esther Williams but insisted that he couldn't mess around on the diving board. And that, apparently, made Corn Pop close his razor and decide to be friends with Biden. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-story-gang-leader-named-corn-pop-draws-skepticism-2019-9?op=1

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, minervadoe said:
Acting President Biden had to change some of the names to protect the innocent, and he had to change some of the details of the story as well.

For example Corn Pop was really kind of a sissy and wasn't really that tough at all. And he didn't carry around a rusty straight razor, he carried around a tube of KY jelly and his real name was Corn Hole but that name had a different meaning back then.

However, the story Biden told about the surgeon that told him that a 9mm would take out an entire lung is assumed to be true because nobody is able to verify it, and  like many of his stories, the president has several people who will swear to it,President Joe Biden claimed that in conversation that he remembered like yesterday that a trauma doctor told him that a 9mm bullet "blows the lung out of the body" while discussing options on gun legislation prompting some to suggest he was calling for handguns to be banned.

Biden made the remarks while speaking to reporters outside the White House, a day after he and first lady Jill Biden visited Uvalde, Texas, and comforted families grieving the 19 children and two teachers who were killed in a mass shooting at an elementary school last week.  The president has urged Congress to pass broader gun measures, such as new ban on assault weapons or universal background checks on gun purchases.

On Monday, Biden said the assault weapons ban in the 1990s had "significantly cut down mass murders." (another one of his fictional stories that nobody questions but that the facts refute.) And he recalled a visit to a New York trauma hospital when he was a Senator conducting hearings on what "rational gun laws" should be. And the story he fabricated right on the spot this time went like this:

"When I first started doing hearings on the issue of what rational gun laws should be, it was during a period when I was a Senator and the death rate was going up," Biden said.And I sat with a trauma doctor, and I asked him—I said, 'What's the difference?'... I said, 'Why are they dying?' And he showed me x-rays. He said, 'A .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, may be able to get it, and save the life. But a 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body.'

"So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of—there's simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection, or hunting... and remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute. You couldn't buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed. (Actually there was no law against it, and owners of merchant ships bought them all the time for defending the ship's cargo) You couldn't go out and purchase a lot of weapons."

So even when Biden doesn't know that he's lying, he's lying in a public statement because he doesn't know the facts.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Corn pop probably resides in Brandon's mind only.  Who is gonna believe a certified plagiarist?  Ok, my bad.  Apparently about 40% of the population does.

My regret is Corn Pop didn't keep his promise and kick Brandon's ass.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1