The memories of skrimp's refrain...

gwalchmai

I think it was about 87 and I was in FlardaMan Training in Hogtown. The wife & I drove over to St. Augustine for a little festival they were having in that little park downtown. They had cold boiled skrimps that looked as big  as Julie Adams' gill-man boyfriend. For like a buck or so you got a big plate, or for several bucks you got several plates. It made such an impression on me that I remember it to this day. They probably remember me to this day as well. :greensupergrin:

Y'all got any good skrimptales?

• Like 2

Went to some uber-crowded beach-front restaurant during peak-peak season. It's best to not expect too much from a place like that. I got the crab leg entree (i forget which kind they were).

Three or four legs. But each one was easily as big as my arm, from the shoulder down. Each "section" (joint?) was a double hamburger of meat. I ate them like a T-Rex would.

It took two gallons of melted butter.

• Like 3

A friend worked on a shrimp boat in Alaska. He said the real big ones never leave the boat. They get grilled right on the boat. Some were tough and stringy after grilling and got tossed overboard. But some of the big ones were great. They just grilled them all day as they worked. Dipped them in garlic butter and snacked all day. 

• Like 6

It wasn't just me, but I' a gone if I'd a known.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/red-lobster-ultimate-endless-shrimp-deal-contributed-third-quarter-operating-loss

Customers taking Red Lobster up on its Ultimate Endless Shrimp deal contributed to a quarterly operating loss for the chain, according to investor Thai Union Group.

In early November, Thai Union Group disclosed the share of loss from operations came in at 395 million Thai baht for Red Lobster in the third quarter. That was the equivalent of $11.3 million based on Tuesday’s exchange rate.

Group CFO Ludovic Garnier, speaking during the company’s quarterly meeting with analysts, linked that loss partly to Red Lobster’s Ultimate Endless Shrimp deal. 

Under that promotion, made available on a daily basis at the chain’s U.S. restaurants starting in late June, customers could pay $20 to eat as much of two shrimp options as they liked. It was previously a temporary offer.

:(

• Sad 1