Hall of Famer Bobby Hull, the Golden Jet, Dies at 84

minderasr

CHICAGO (AP) — When Bobby Hull got the puck, he was tough to stop. He had blazing speed, a hard slap shot and tons of confidence.

Long before today’s biggest stars took the ice, “The Golden Jet” put on quite a show.

Hull, a Hall of Fame winger and two-time NHL MVP who helped the Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup in 1961, has died. He was 84.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/01/30/hall-of-famer-bobby-hull-the-golden-jet-dies-at-84/

He was called The Golden Jet because he had blonde hair and could skate really, really fast.

Note that he had that nickname long before he played for the Winnipeg Jets of the WHL.

I met both Bobby and Brett Hull at a St. Louis Blues  function and being a Blues fan and as the Blackhawks were the fiercest rival back then (late 1960s - mid 1990s,) I saw a lot of Bobby Hull -- and Stan Makita and Chris Chlios and Tony Esposito and Ed Belfour and even Bobby Orr at the last of his great career.

The home and home series during the season were awesome: 5,000 Chicago fans journeyed to the old Arena, 5,000 St. Louis fans made the trip to the old Chicago Stadium.  We both chartered buses.

It was a different game back then.

Even if I had to wait 52 years for the Blues to finally win a Stanley Cup.

I was in the stands in 1968, 1969 and 1970, the last two meant driving all night from Columbia and then driving all night back to Columbia three times in about a week.

It was worth it.

:dancingteddy:

• Like 1