Hackers Drool As California Rolls Out Trackable Digital License Plates

pipedreams

California digital plates are 100% trackable via GPS and 2-way communication. Steal a car? The plate will display STOLEN and every inch of your travels will be recorded. Now researchers discover that the whole system is hackable meaning that a breach could turn California roadways into utter chaos. ⁃ TN Editor

Security researchers were able to gain “super administrative access” to Reviver, the sole provider of California’s digital license plates, and track the GPS location of all of vehicles they are associated with.

A team of security researchers successfully obtained “full super administrative access,” which allowed them to perform a slew of tasks involving the company’s user accounts and vehicles, according to a blog post by researcher Sam Curry.

https://www.technocracy.news/hackers-drool-as-california-rolls-out-trackable-digital-license-plates/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Valmet said:

California spirals out of control by the day. Has for years now...

Why is it that all the politicians leading this crap believe that one day they will not be subject to this same travesty?  Remember.  After the revolution, the first against the wall were those who created conflict to promote the downfall of a decent society.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, El Spicoli said:

You got a screwdriver?  Have criminals ever switched license plates before?

I have theft resistant bolts holding on my license plates. They're a pain to remove if you don't have the specific tool needed. 

Change of subject, won't the digital license plate and gps tracker create a battery drain? If I leave my car parked for three weeks, is my battery going to be dead??

• Like 1