Interview Today

ede

I have some sort of video interview today for a job in Baton Rouge area. Friend of mine works for them at a site in Texas and ask for my resume because they couldn't find qualified candidates. Took a few days but recruiter called yesterday and set up interview for today. Interview is with 6 people and scheduled to last a hour. It'll get me around 13 hours closer to home and pay more. Only down side is I'd have to pay state income tax there. Pay will be more slightly and will get PD which will be significant. I bought a house here and am really happy with my living arrangement here and somewhat happy with the job but would like new job much more. Hate idea of packing, moving, and selling house. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

well that didn't go like I thought. had a drug test, working from home and 35 minutes from work and 90 minutes from interview. 2 hour window to do drug test or it's a fail. I was in car on time but was video interview and couldn't get cpnnected in my car sitting on side of road. I'd guess they're done with me which I under stand.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ede said:

well that didn't go like I thought. had a drug test, working from home and 35 minutes from work and 90 minutes from interview. 2 hour window to do drug test or it's a fail. I was in car on time but was video interview and couldn't get cpnnected in my car sitting on side of road. I'd guess they're done with me which I under stand.

I wouldn't give a drug test for an interview, only if they hire me I would submit

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

It's much harder to fire someone that to not hire him.

They could offer him the job pending the drug test results is what I am saying. But taking one even before the job is even offered would bother me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geeorge said:

I wouldn't give a drug test for an interview, only if they hire me I would submit

A huge number of employers now require a drug test first thing,  because 98% of the applicants won't show up for it,  and then they have to waste zero time on that applicant.

You couldn't just tell them, "I can leave right this minute, but there's a zero chance that I can make the appointment in time."?

• Like 2

Most people who are going to fail a drug test, know it. Some OTC's pop up positive, but the questionnaire prior should give some notice to the testing results. Not judging but the whole thing sounds flaky. Not sure which side, but stranger things happen.

Most places would rather eliminate that right up front. Part of the process. Don't like it? Look somewhere else.

I had to take one prior to interviewing for my last job. Took it on the drive to the interview. No big deal.

• Like 1

A recruiter contacted my wife about a new job. Executive position in tech/banking. Wouldn’t even tell her who it was until she passed a drug test and background check. Standard practice now in her industry at her level. Saves them time and money. 

• Like 1