Texoma Precision Pellets

Eric

• Administrators

Some of you may have noticed the Texoma Precision Pellet banner near the top of the pages. This is a company my brother just started. He has gotten into air rifles and is making pellets and other projectiles and accessories for some of the rifles. If you haven't seen what air rifles are about lately, you might be amazed. One of his rifles is .72 caliber slug at almost a 1,000fps. These things have become tremendously powerful. I'll post one of his videos showing the slug hitting ballistic gelatin.

Anyway, I wanted to try and help him gain some exposure for his efforts, so I put up a banner for him. He has quite a few videos posted on his site, showing what some of his rounds can do. It is impressive stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Modern PCP's are not to be toyed with. I have a 25 cal that will drop a raccoon in his tracks from just about anywhere I can hit him from. Not as easy a task as some might think with all their skull angles and kinda thick bone.

I have a 45 that will take any animal I'll ever hunt in the CONUS. The thing is a beast, and has recoil. An air rifle with recoil? Really. LOL

Even the break barrel 22 will do more than the old pump action Benjamins. Quite formidable. Does a nice job for yard work.

Nice to see folks having fun with these, the only draw back is they aren't cheap, some are very expensive, to my meager sticker shock way of life.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Reportedly the Lewis and Clark expedition took an air rifle with them - a repeater. 

I've read up on that rifle. It is a item so far ahead of it's time, we really haven't caught up with it. Dated and a bit abstract, but nothing on the market fires 22 rounds from a magazine today, and does so with modern velocities and accuracy.

It was developed as an infantry rifle, but powder burners took over, and never went to full service, but later used as a sniper rifle. Pretty amazing, and so simple.

I would love to have one of these.

Girandoni Air Rifle

A little more

• Like 1

The big bore PCPs are pretty good so long as you keep an air tank with you or have a portable compressor.  Hand pumps suck for the big bores because you will need to pump it back up only after like 2 shots.  Also, NOT backyard friendly guns.