Rep. Kathleen Rice: NRA and its chief spokeswomen are a domestic security threat

RussP

Since the NRA is a major proponent of citizen carry...

Rep. Kathleen Rice: NRA and its chief spokeswomen are a ‘domestic security threat’
A U.S. House member called the National Rifle Association and one of its chief spokeswomen a threat to national security.

Rep. Kathleen Rice, New York Democrat, appeared to be responding to NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch noting that Philando Castile was in possession of marijuana when police shot the motorist dead. According to her next tweet five minutes later, that makes the NRA a “domestic security threat.â€

“I’m just going to say it. #NRA & @DLoesch are quickly becoming domestic security threats under President Trump. We can’t ignore that,†Ms. Rice said.

At the time of the tweet Ms. Loesch was appearing on Fox News Channel, and when host Mark Steyn told her of Ms. Rice accusation, a surprised Ms. Loesch called it disappointing that a House member would call defense of the Second Amendment a threat.

She later took to Twitter and posted: “Rephrase: An elected gov’t official just labeled me and millions of others ‘domestic security threats.’ Wow.â€

Notwithstanding she is from NY, how many others will side with her? How many will distance themselves?
  • Like 2

Many liberals view society as a threat to their ability to mandate how people should live their lives. It's what they do and still they aren't very good at that even.

“Liberals seem to assume that, if you don’t believe in their particular political solutions, then you don’t really care about the people that they claim to want to help.†― Thomas Sowell

“...These politically correct language initiatives are misguided and harmful. They create highly entitled professional “victims†who expect to be free from any offense, and they engender a stifling atmosphere where all individuals walk on eggshells lest they might commit a linguistic capital crime.†― Gad Saad

Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution. -Stephen Sondheim

“While liberals are in favor of any sexual activity engaged in by two consenting adults, when these consenting adults engage in trade or exchange, the liberals step in to harass, cripple, restrict, or prohibit that trade. And yet both the consenting sexual activity and the trade are similar expressions of liberty in action.†― Murray N. Rothbard

“Has society really become quite thin-skinned, or is acting “offended†a new tactic that is being used to shut down legitimate political debate? Progressives are increasingly claiming to be offended whenever those on the right disagree with their left-wing positions. It doesn't matter what the issue is; the left will divert a legitimate political debate into an accusation that the right disagrees with them because they are full of hate towards them.†― Rachel Alexander

“Far-seeing patriots should turn scornfully from men who seek power on a platform which with exquisite nicety combines silly inability to understand the national needs and dishonest insincerity in promising conflicting and impossible remedies.†― Theodore Roosevelt

“SJWs... picture themselves as persecuted, oppressed crusaders for peace and equality....These are people who, on a regular basis, call for violence and genocide against “oppressorsâ€, whether it’s white people, heterosexual people, thin people, or just anyone who even slightly disagrees with them.†― Joshua Goldberg

• Like 3

I guess everything is settled if a congress person makes the judgement that a particular citizen isn't worthy of the public trust. Nothing more needs to be said. The politician's judgement is final.

Unfortunately there is more argument against politicians voracity than against the general public.

For example:

“Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason.†~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz, translated from Portuguese

“Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country - and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians.†~Charles Krauthammer

“The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,†“Thou shalt not commit adultery,†and “Thou shalt not lie†in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.†George Carlin

“Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers.â€

― George R.R. Martin, Ace in the Hole

“We hate our politicians so much that even if they tell us they lied, we don't believe them.â€

Peter Newman

“Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge where there is no river.â€

Nikita Khrushchev

“I'm a politician, and as a politician I have the prerogative to lie whenever I want.â€

Charles Peacock, ex-director of Madison Guaranty, the Arkansas S&L at center of Whitewatergate.

“Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote.†William E. Simon

“Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.†Doug Larson

Philandro may have had a brand new CCW permit, but he was illegally armed if he was in possession of marijuana.

An armed criminal, reaching for his illegally concealed gun. And a serious threat to the police officer.

federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)) makes it a felony for an “unlawful user of … any controlled substance†to “possess … any firearm,†and since marijuana is classified as a Schedule I controlled substance, it is a felony for a user of marijuana to possess a firearm.

http://www.fed-soc.org/blog/detail/marijuana-use-and-firearm-ownership

Edited by ChuteTheMall
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that the same segment of the population always complains that the other segment will not "do as they are told"?  Meanwhile, liberals break the law, assault citizens, advocate violence, advocate the repudiation of the Constitution, and then tell me I'm the problem.

I don't like being told what to think by a politician.  That's MY JOB.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...