Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

54 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Occurred to me that making such a display would be far easier using color photographs rather than metal plates.

Most definitely ... but you couldn't charge nearly as much, lol. And I seriously doubt those are authentic tags. If you were going to mass produce these maps, how easy would it be to have the smaller pieces pressed out in the desired shapes and then just fit them together. I'd be willing to bet no matter how many of these you bought, all the tag parts and numbers would be identical or maybe two or three variations..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Most definitely ... but you couldn't charge nearly as much, lol. And I seriously doubt those are authentic tags. If you were going to mass produce these maps, how easy would it be to have the smaller pieces pressed out in the desired shapes and then just fit them together. I'd be willing to bet no matter how many of these you bought, all the tag parts and numbers would be identical or maybe two or three variations..

The first time I saw one of those was on a cruise ship   nicely done

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DAKA said:

The first time I saw one of those was on a cruise ship   nicely done

First I recall seeing was in Colorado, an ice cream shop in Georgetown after riding the Georgetown Loop Railroad. My memory says it was metal, cut from tags. I didn’t handle it though, so not certain. 

• Like 2