Schmidt Meister's Grab Bag

Schmidt Meister

I didn’t watch Big Bang until years after the last season was filmed because I thought it was going to be full of evolution crapola. When I finally watched one and realized it was just funny. Anyways we recorded every year and then watched them over the next month or two. Recording and watching later kicks ass because, no commercials.
So that led to us recording Young Sheldon, while not as humorous as Big Bang, it was entertaining.
I went through all that just to get to this.
This was at the end of the episode where Sheldon gets taken to Cape Canaveral to watch the Shuttle Launch, which didn’t happen due to Florida weather, because Sheldon was trying to get back at a NASA physicist for saying they didn’t have the technology to recover the fuel pods after they launched the Shuttle.

Someone thought it was just as funny as I did:

Season 1 Episode 6, Nov., 2017.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Football - College Scoreboard.jpg

Once upon a time bowl games were rewards for winning seasons, offering the prospect of someplace fun and different for players and fans. Now it seems that winning seasons are encouraged but not required for bowl participation  

Now, once conference playoffs, if any, are done most teams recognize that only the two bowl games creating the pairing for the national championship matter. All the other bowl games are to sell advertising for broadcasters and generate revenue for NCAA, conferences, and maybe schools. Oh, yes. And bonuses  for coaching staffs.

No wonder players with good prospects to be drafted into the NFL for next season are opting out of these meaningless bowl games. Why risk a career ending injury for such?

Maybe a few more bowl games will become meaningful with sixteen rather than four teams in the hunt. 

• Like 2