Minivan camper build

crockett

• 2 weeks later...

With the TV, ROKU, fridge, inverter, light, 3 cabin fans and USB charging on, I can run on the Lithium battery for 72 hours straight without needing any charge from solar, generator or shore power. Obviously the solar panel alone is enough to recharge everything needed, at day time, plus anything I'll use for cooking.

This new battery and solar technology is awesome!

Screenshot_20211110-212642_xiaoxiang.png

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 8:04 AM, DAKA said:

AWE,,SOME  :D   :bowdown:   YOU De' Man

Is it FINISHED?   

(Dumb question....there are always "As builts....and things that got "improved" from the original "plan")

Only 3 jobs left:

- Sewing the boxed cushion covers for the 2 piece mattress / sofa.

- Sewing a shower curtain that will attach to the open tailgate with magnets sewed into the material, for my outdoor shower.

- Installing a 2 way alarm system.

I don't think that I will add anymore items or features. I like that the interior is still roomy and uncluttered.

Theoretically, one could live in this thing full time now, away from any permanent hookups or RV parks. Fresh water lasts for 4 days, same with the capacity of the fridge. You can refill both in countless places. Toilet can be dumped "anywhere". Laundromat once a week and all is set.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, crockett said:

Only 3 jobs left:

- Sewing the boxed cushion covers for the 2 piece mattress / sofa.

- Sewing a shower curtain that will attach to the open tailgate with magnets sewed into the material, for my outdoor shower.

- Installing a 2 way alarm system.

I don't think that I will add anymore items or features. I like that the interior is still roomy and uncluttered.

Theoretically, one could live in this thing full time now, away from any permanent hookups or RV parks. Fresh water lasts for 4 days, same with the capacity of the fridge. You can refill both in countless places. Toilet can be dumped "anywhere". Laundromat once a week and all is set.

For a shower curtain I hope you will have one with naked ladies on it     :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1

When it was so hot at night I had a hard time falling asleep due to sweating around my neck. I tried some 12 volt fans at the end of the bed, but they didn't do much around my head and neck. Those fans are to big to be placed over my head.

So I just installed a pretty potent, flat computer fan right above my pillow, with a rod attached to the seat belt stud with a connecting nut.

2096242310_20211119_2246021.thumb.jpg.2c6e833e5ee485adf0be49ecff3cb314.jpg

1365683958_20211119_2245011.thumb.jpg.1ff3bd1923f49f0bf09b684921384368.jpg

• Like 1

Just bought and installed a digital over the air TV antenna with amplifier at Wal Mart. Put it into a window between the glass and the reflective sun shade.

Staying over night here on the parking lot with a bunch of other RVs and camper vans.

Most Wal Marts allow RVs and camper to stay over night, brings them some extra business.

Just getting used to sleeping in my camper. Watching COPS now, matches the ambience lol

20211121_000054.jpg

Just for reference, here what I spent:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan $3,000

Taxes and registration $700

Repair parts $400

Maintenance parts $300

Electronics $3,500

Camper conversion $2,800

Total $10,700

Not included are labor and about $14,000 that I spend on new tools and equipment. Obviously went overboard, and will use most of those tools mainly for other projects to come.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crockett said:

Just for reference, here what I spent:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan $3,000

Taxes and registration $700

Repair parts $400

Maintenance parts $300

Electronics $3,500

Camper conversion $2,800

Total $10,700

Not included are labor and about $14,000 that I spend on new tools and equipment. Obviously went overboard, and will use most of those tools mainly for other projects to come.

SUBTRACT from that the FUN you had building your SPECIAL BEACH VAN    (priceless) 

(A $10,000 welder for a TV bracket    REALLY   ???

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...