I need one of these

This is Oshkosh from a couple of years ago -

Blue over white experimental cub is a good friend of mine.  Takeoff at 1:30 and landing at 4:20.   One day we paced it down the runway with GPS and recorded 23mph straight and level with no wind.

Saw the plane built from a cub that had a real bad landing.  It was a pile of bent tubes they trucked in. Took several years but it is a sweet airplane now!

Edited by GT4494
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

In Alaska we have poker runs that are very well attended. Lots of very good bush pilots here. They do STOL on remote gravel bars and it's amazing to see what these guys and gals are capable of doing with their planes.

I've watched videos for several years. Amazing control. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

I've watched videos for several years. Amazing control. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

I have been fortunate enough to get up in the air in quite a variety of aircraft including experimental. Many of the planes I have been in were much older then myself including a Grumman Goose and an old Stinson. Even took a ride in the B17 909 that crashed and burned a year or so ago. The company that flies me in on many of my hunting trips has DE Havilland Otters and Beavers that are about the same age as me. Most of them they have had the turbine conversion. In my youth when fighting forest fire I was on a helitack crew and rode in a Kaman chopper. Also countless trips to oil platforms here in Bell choppers of various configuration. My favorite plane for rides to Anchorage back in the day was the old reliable Twin Otter. Now days it's a Dash 8.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

My friends at Alaska West Air have some cool rides. 2 Turbine Otters, a Turbine Beaver along with a piston engine Beaver, several Super Cubs that have been highly modified. They also have a couple helicopters. A true class act to fly with. I have been in many of their aircraft. I'll likely be flying somewhere with them again in 21.