The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

When did shaved legs become the norm for women in the States, at least?

I suspect it was when women went from Silk stockings that were opaque, into thinner stockings, Nylons, that were somewhat transparent.  With the thinner stockings you could see their skin and possibly the leg hair.

During WWII women had difficulty getting stockings due to the wartime shortages.  They were know to resort to painting lines down the back of their legs to look like the seam of a stocking.

Possibly the painted seam and bare leg, looked more like fake stockings if they shaved the hair off the leg.

I have for years, tried to convince my wife that lengthy licking would remove leg hair, if it were done for a long enough time.   Of course, I may have not have had leg hair in mind, but that's for another time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My son has one. I was quite surprised at how easily it shot.  .45 Colt was very comfortable to shoot in it accurately.

However, I'll just stick to my .45.

My son has one and I used to own one. .410 slugs hurt my wrists so much that I sold it. I too will stick with the 1911 in .45acp. tom.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

tumblr_np03y5fbgJ1rc7zl1o1_400.gif

German 9MM or USGI .45 ACP? I got in on the end of the steel pot era. It was useful, but not bullet proof. I'm impressed a pistol caliber was turned back from a direct hit. 

I was saved from a Bouncing Betty type ordinance by one. 2 balls hit the helmet, otherwise it missed, but that would have been plenty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

German 9MM or USGI .45 ACP? I got in on the end of the steel pot era. It was useful, but not bullet proof. I'm impressed a pistol caliber was turned back from a direct hit. 

I was saved from a Bouncing Betty type ordinance by one. 2 balls hit the helmet, otherwise it missed, but that would have been plenty.

9 mm if I remember the read.  I think the new Kevlar helmets, from what I've heard are exceptional.  Thank you for your service sir.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Swampfox762 said:

9 mm if I remember the read.  I think the new Kevlar helmets, from what I've heard are exceptional.  Thank you for your service sir.

The replacement was heavy and kind of fragile. I saw many of them break, they were advertised as rifle proof (never said which ones though), but no one believed it. Couldn't shave, bathe, or boil water in them either.  I won't get started on the first gen MRE's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,botulism in a bag, and mostly cold. Good times, LOL

They may have really been better and I'm sure the later generations are, but sometimes "better" really isn't better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

What a Wus...pull it out and put a band aid on it...

tumblr_271f3aecf335a75ff23b816ca7eb4c22_63103bab_500.jpg

I agree!  I've done worse and sucked it up.

I have in my garage a first aide kit that falls just short of surgery.  My go to is "Liquid Bandage".  Sure it burns like hell, but it stops the blood and lasts through 2 or more showers before needing another coat.

The worst one was when I shot a finish nail through my finger nail missing the bone.  I had to get a big pliers to pull the nail out while bracing my hand against the vice face.

That's a "scrape" in my book!  Oh, I still have the black from the pencil lead in my leg.  Graphite is inert!

41 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I could make a pocket on the side of my chair for the one on the right. 

My old brief case from work holds a KelTek sub 2000 with two 33 round magazines and one 50 round rotary.  

I like the idea of bringing my work home with me, it's on the floor by the living room chair.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

I could make a pocket on the side of my chair for the one on the right. 

That would be about as legal as me cuttin my Raptor 12 auto, into a hand cannon. Cuttin off the barrel, stock and stuff...

Huh...I'm lookin at this and...thinkin...Damnit man...

Tristar Raptor Atac Shotgun 12 Ga 20 Barrel 5-Round Synthetic Pistol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

That would be about as legal as me cuttin my Raptor 12 auto, into a hand cannon. Cuttin off the barrel, stock and stuff...

Huh...I'm lookin at this and...thinkin...Damnit man...

Tristar Raptor Atac Shotgun 12 Ga 20 Barrel 5-Round Synthetic Pistol

At the moment the 12 gauge 26+ inch long “firearms” by Mossberg and Remington and possibly others would fill the bill - especially those semi-automatics with removable magazines. At the moment. Arm braces for handguns were legal until they weren’t. As were bump stocks. 

17 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

At the moment the 12 gauge 26+ inch long “firearms” by Mossberg and Remington and possibly others would fill the bill - especially those semi-automatics with removable magazines. At the moment. Arm braces for handguns were legal until they weren’t. As were bumpstocks. 

Yup.  My buddy got one of them "magazine" shotguns.  Naw, I'll take my Raptor.  Might even put an extended tube on it.  The barrel is 20 inch.

• Like 1