Huaco Kid

Zonny

• 1 month later...

I got to exit directly over the Aggie stadium (on a non game day),  in a 50mph blowings,  in a "cross country".

I had five miles back,  I was noob,  the other guys has 10 miles back.

I landed with my tippy-toes exactly next to the runway (which is totally breaking ALL the rules),  while blowing backwards, at 35mph,  and then got dragged across the field,  for a mile.

Best evar.

Best is....  we practiced a 10-way.  Over.  and over.  And over.   And over.

There is a bar over the door.  Two guys,  grabbing on the bar, upwind.  Two guys grabbing on the bar, downwind.  Three, or four, squids squirting out, directly in front of the bar. Other guys in the door.

But, even though we practiced it ten times,  it went right off.

I'm first out, hanging on the bar,  and the next guy came,  hanging on the bar,  in perfect science-synchronisity, of which we practiced and learned in physics.

And the next guy came out and hunnged on the bar.  At our end.  And the next guy.  And the next guy.

So now there's four guys.

I could have bailed.  Holding on the next guy's harness,  as strictly practiced. And dragged a whole door-full of everyone off.  Ripped a bunch of people right off.

So, because the wing was 1' from my foot,  and everyone was still pushing my hand off the bar,   I stepped onto the wing.

And stood there.

The next guy did too.

I don't know what jump-run  is in a T-Bo.  90?. 80?mph.

And then the whole clusterfuck let go.  So me, n' the guy went.  I remember nothing about the jump.

I remember making dumb faces at Bart, and pulling.

I remember him going from as big as me,  to a pinhead,  and then microscopic, in, like, .3 seconds.  Seeing  him struggle and grab,  the whole time.

He remembered PULL IN ORIENTATION! PULL ON TIME!  PULL!

And then he had to buy everyone beer.  Every FIRST is a beer owning event.

Then I moved to Raleigh.  Carolina Sky Sports.

200 people hanging around.  50 people dropping,  50 people on jump run,  100 people climbing to altitude, 50 people landing.

I didn't know anyone.

It wasn't my style.

A dozen jumps,  and ended my career.

My first jump at CSS was in a ten-seater....  That group.  That group.  That guy.  That guy.  Me.

I looked out the door.  I saw the airport. 

Right there.

I jumped.

But then, I don't know,  it took halfway down,  when I was just spinning myself into incoherentness...  which is good.

Noticed all everyone below me  going off,  not right,  which should not even be notable.

And we missed the airport.

It wasn't even the right airport.  It was 20 miles away.

Noob.  I just followed them.

I followed the guy in front of me.

He's surely an experienced expert. 

All the other parachutes were going on the other side of the highway.

We landed in the middle of a HUGE garden,  and ol' Oma, was right there,  watching us,    said,  "What the fucks wrong with you?"

So we apologized,  many times,  and she just yelled "Shut the gate when you leave!"