Unique ARs

Eric

• Administrators

I had an AR-57 rifle and I liked it a lot. Having the FN P-90 mounted along the top of the AR barrel is a slick idea. The AR's magwell gets used as the ejection port. I ended up offering mine as a contest prize, years ago. I wish I had held onto it.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 10:30 PM, Eric said:

I had an AR-57 rifle and I liked it a lot. Having the FN P-90 mounted along the top of the AR barrel is a slick idea. The AR's magwell gets used as the ejection port. I ended up offering mine as a contest prize, years ago. I wish I had held onto it.

What happened to these guys???

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 minutes ago, Alabusa said:

I want one of these very badly!!! I absolutely love the .300 Win Mag. Such an accurate and versatile round.

Sent from a mental institution

I've seen a number of attempts over the years, at making a viable AR semi-auto chambered in a belted magnum caliber. I haven't seen many of the efforts stick around very long though. I would really love to have one, if it can handle a round like that. I am a fan of the .300 Win Mag round and if it can handle that, it can handle a 7mm Remington Magnum, which I really love. I imagine it is damned expensive, but I want one anyway.

Now, they just need to get to work making the rifle work with the .338 Lapua round.:crylikeender:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:30 PM, Eric said:

I have one. I rarely shoot it. It’s a novelty gun for me. It’s a head turner at the Range. I have to keep it bagged if I want to shoot other guns uninterrupted.

E8FD95D4-E130-4652-80EA-E8658E764D5A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/12/2017 at 10:50 AM, Smith10 said:

Granted it's superman shooting it. But that 308 seemed suprisingly controllable.

Many moons ago he and I used to go to the same shooting range.  Jerry would show up with an empty bucket, another full of reloads and his Model 27.  Not long after there was an empty bucket, another filled with brass and a Model 27 that was too hot to touch.  And that was every day.  I remember shooting a steel plate match against him. One with a mandatory reload.   Nothing like bringing a comped Super 38 with a red dot and getting whipped by a guy with an iron sighted revolver.  

• 2 months later...