25th Anniversary of OKC Bombing

Eric

Wow.  Time does fly.  I remember this so clearly.  I was a journalism student with an internship and we covered a lot of this.  Later i worked with a woman who worked for a medical supply company who became a cop...because of what she saw that day...and i remember the day they executed Tim McVeigh.  I was driving in to work that morning.  His last meal was a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

When it first happened i thought it was a terrorist attack (Islamic) but was wrong.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Didn’t McVeigh say that he did this bombing in retaliation for the Federal destruction of the Branch Davidians in Waco? 

He had a lot of issues with the government.  Not just Waco.  Although that burned in him pretty deep. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrango said:

I'm not sure how one makes the jump from hating the govt. (I get that) to killing innocent Americans, children and women.

He was a terrorist, plain and simple.  Sick in the head.

Twenty million ways to deal with this problem that were better than doing what he did.

I will never forget the picture of the firefighter holding that limp precious child.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrango said:

I'm not sure how one makes the jump from hating the govt. (I get that) to killing innocent Americans, children and women.

He was a terrorist, plain and simple.  Sick in the head.

Well, it's clear he took his anti-government ideology from a sociopathic perspective and then went full blown psychopath.  I don't like seeing Anarchists or Libertarians being put in the same category as Nichols and McVeigh. 

15 minutes ago, Maser said:

Well, it's clear he took his anti-government ideology from a sociopathic perspective and then went full blown psychopath.  I don't like seeing Anarchists or Libertarians being put in the same category as Nichols and McVeigh. 

They are certainly not always the same.   I think McVeigh was evil.  Nichols was a follower.