grrrrr i hate feet problems

ASH

i was putting more wieghts on my garden tractor to keep nose down ,  dropped a 20 pound one on my big toe  few days ago , and  i think nail is about ready to fall off, wiggles easy and purple  .  and hurts like a bitch ,  or duct tape  it 

and keep going,   i would take pics but nasty ,  taking antibiotics  we had saved up , and keeping it clean and clean with peroxide and betadine ,   skyping with doctors is so weird to me . wearing flip flops when needed lol  and i never wear flip flops  

Edited by ASH
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ASH said:

i was putting more wieghts on my garden tractor to keep nose down ,  dropped a 20 pound one on my big toe  few days ago , and  i think nail is about ready to fall off, wiggles easy and purple  .  and hurts like a bitch ,  or duct tape  it 

and keep going,   i would take pics but nasty ,  taking antibiotics  we had saved up , and keeping it clean and clean with peroxide and betadine ,   skyping with doctors is so weird to me . wearing flip flops when needed lol  and i never wear flip flops  

Hang in there, we're rooting for you!

I'm surprised at how much damage you can do to body parts and they just keep in trucking!

7 hours ago, ASH said:

Ouch!

I wear flip flops 98% of the time. ?

taping it up will make it super juicy and nasty when you remove the nail with the tape..ask me how i know.

soak your foot in warm water a few times it will help soften whats left of the nail and what is holding it on.

may i recommend a few surprise before and after pics sent by PM to random BSers....:78:

It will feel fine after the nail comes off. Soak it in epsom salt to help it along. After a lifetime of logging, construction, and oilfield work I have lost countless nails. The last one was a big toe from going down steep terrain on a goat hunt and the nail dug into the boot so hard it separated. Came off a week or so later in the hot tub.

yeah its off ,  ive lost nails before  , it seems getting  a mash up is in the farming hand book .  my dad lost his pinky toe ,  dropped anvil on it .  flattened  flat . he took hedge clippers and cut it off , and kept working when i was about 12 .     and i know folks like pics , not this one no pics . lol /  

• Sad 1

Maybe you're doing something wrong.  I took another approach and used a air finish nailer, to nail my finger nail to my finger.  It won't come off now!

I can't tell you how stupid I felt looking at a nail through the end of my finger. 

But, just so no one would know how dumb I was, I went to the tool box and got a pliers to pull it out.  It was stuck better than I thought. But I got it out and no one was the wiser, until I told a ton of people on this forum just now.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 4/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, ASH said:

Wussy. :biggrin:

My SIL had a full-size gun safe fall over on her big toe last July, when they were moving. It crushed the toe and split the end open. After she got it sewed up and she was fitted with one of those funny shoes, she finished packing and helped with the move. She only missed 1/2 a day of work, for a doctor’s appointment. Don’t mess with West Texas women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1