About masks

Dric902

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/31/media-and-government-officials-told-americans-not-to-wear-masks-they-were-wrong/

Our officials' lies have now damaged both the public's trust in any future top-down guidance, and backfired on their efforts to 'flatten the curve.'

This usually happens when politicians get involved in anything.  They have a reverse Midas touch and everything they touch turns to crap!

• Like 4

My understanding of the issue is that there simply aren't enough masks for everyone right now.

Telling people that are lower risk of contracting the disease (the majority right now) because they don't live in a heavily populated urban environment that they shouldn't be wearing masks at this point helps keep more masks in the areas that they truly are needed, rather than being used, wasted, and disposed by people who are unlikely to even be around anyone with the virus at this point.

I have a few on hand, plus a full face filter and extra cartridges and pre filters for it.  I doubt I'll find any more for sale any time soon at reasonable prices, so I'm holding off actually using any of them until there are more cases closer to home.

• Like 1