Toilet paper and The Tragedy of the Commons

gwalchmai

My good friend and mentor Vernon Meentemeyer of the University of Georgia once explained to me that every semester the faculty secretary would send out a memo that the department's copier supplies were running low and that staff should limit their consumption so they'd last until the next semester.

"At that point every professor gets everything he can possibly copy and runs to the copy machine to make every copy he can."

Toilet paper is a common pool resource, and people know that once the panic sets in, regardless of the virus' effect on your bowels, the TP supply is going to be exhausted soon.

• Haha 3

My dog can't make it to the back door anymore, so he pees on the ceramic tile in the Kitchen.  He alone has doubled our consumption of toilet paper.

At Sam's I tried to tell another customer that I need much more toilet paper cause my dog is now using it too.  I don't think he believed me.

I told the wife I was going to get a stand for a roll of toilet paper in the corner of the kitchen, and she thought it was a hilarious idea!

(You thought I was always kidding about her, didn't you)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

I'm surprised more dog owners haven't checked into this. It works for the puppies as well as when you cut it into squares.....Uh never mind.

https://www.chewy.com/american-kennel-club-fresh-scented/dp/136077

Those are excellent for carpeted areas and wood floors, but our pup keeps trying to make it to the patio door.

Oh...……  You were referring to person use...….!

I saw a piece on local news where some woman was sewing strips of cloth end to end and rolling it up.  She said it's Green!

I say it's ridiculous!  Who would launder toilet cloth rolls...………  Some people's kids !

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

I'm surprised more dog owners haven't checked into this. It works for the puppies as well as when you cut it into squares.....Uh never mind.

https://www.chewy.com/american-kennel-club-fresh-scented/dp/136077

after my buddy had knee surgery we used those for a couple days but got the adult people ones so he could lay on it while he was all doped up.

probably cheaper for people too.

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Sad 1