Suggestions for this difficult time

gwalchmai

There are some astonishingly good things happening right now.

There's a little old couple that live next to me.   In the last few days the husband cleaned his entire back yard and made a little place of peace...and yesterday in the chair he built...i saw him sitting there holding his wife's hand.  They were enjoying a lovely day under the trees with a little music...and some coffee or tea.

I wanna be like him when i grow up.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Most TBS members know most of this, but it's a worthwhile read.

https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2020/03/24/suggestions-for-this-difficult-time-n2565574

From the article: "..."This, too, shall pass." Keep in mind that this awful period will pass. The human psyche is programmed to think that whatever is happening now -- happy or sad -- will go on indefinitely..."

It's foolish to think that the world will end if your not on it.  We, as individuals, don't count.  Don't sweat the things you can do nothing about, just plan for the best, and:  "The Devil take the hindmost!" 

• Like 3

We, as modern people, have a need to be important. 
Everything must be an earth shaking crisis, and many make a living by announcing “This is it”

the problem today is that politicians use this to push for more and more power and control, each and every time. 
If I hear “I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees” from an obese couch potato that can’t bother to stand up long enough to make a living one more time, it will be far too soon.

smaller government! smaller government! More freedom! Freeeeeeeedooooooom!!       (Where’s my check? The damn democrats are blocking it)

the Internet promise of anonymity has given 200lbs asses a 400lbs mouth.

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

We, as modern people, have a need to be important. 
Everything must be an earth shaking crisis, and many make a living by announcing “This is it”

the problem today is that politicians use this to push for more and more power and control, each and every time. 
If I hear “I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees” from an obese couch potato that can’t bother to stand up long enough to make a living one more time, it will be far too soon.

smaller government! smaller government! More freedom! Freeeeeeeedooooooom!!       (Where’s my check? The damn democrats are blocking it)

the Internet promise of anonymity has given 200lbs asses a 400lbs mouth.

Wife and I just got back from the grocery store.  Wife bought leaf Spinach.  While checking out I told the clerk the even hoarders won't take Spinach!  The clerk said last week they took all we had.... 

I said at least the Broccoli was safe.  She laughed and said they took all that too!  What goes through people's minds when they decide to hoard stuff???????????      ?

Edited by janice6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Wife and I just got back from the grocery store.  Wife bought leaf Spinach.  While checking out I told the clerk the even hoarders won't take Spinach!  The clerk said last week they took all we had.... 

I said at least the Broccoli was safe.  She laughed and said they took all that too!  What goes through people's minds when they decide to hoard stuff???????????      ?

I make veggie Juice almost every day. Getting produce has been tough. I know tons and tons will just be thrown out. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

People who drink nothing but Diet Coke, Redbull, and beer suddenly need four gallons of milk. 3 3/4 of which will expire

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I make veggie Juice almost every day. Getting produce has been tough. I know tons and tons will just be thrown out. 

My store was full up with leafy produce that's why I was joking about it.  No Eggs and No Chocolate milk, but white whole milk everywhere.

Checking out, the woman in front of us had a stack of frozen Pizza's.  I said, "hoarding huh?"  She laughed and said a new flavor of pizza and it's great!  we both had a good laugh.

I told her that I was going to have a tough time of this crisis because I was having to make my own Chocolate milk.  First world problems are the worst.  She laughed.

Looks like they will have to have a sale on steaks since no one was hoarding pricey stuff.

Edited by janice6