Will Aggressive COVID-19 Control Measures Cost More Than They Are Worth?

gwalchmai

16 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Following that “if it saves one life” concept, why is Pelosi so eager to sneak millions if not billions for Planned Parenthood into these bills?

Votes.  She thinks of nothing else but personal wealth (wealth=power) and election results.  She been screwed at every turn by Trump and right now she's so pissed at being a loser she would sell the country into slavery if it meant she could defeat Trump.  She can't, but she tries.

• Like 3

The costs that have nothing to do with the virus are the worst:

Among the many ‘major problems’ with the bill, according to a senior Democratic aide, was that it doesn’t ‘provide adequate relief for the 44 million federal student loan borrowers.’ … Senate Democrats, led by [Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer, are pushing a counter proposal: They want to cancel the monthly payments owed during the national emergency and guarantee each borrower receive at least $10,000 in loan forgiveness.

Providing blanket student loan forgiveness of at least $10,000 to each borrower would be neither targeted nor temporary, which should guide federal policy efforts to address the fiscal impact of the pandemic. 

In the House, Reps. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., and Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., have introduced a bill they want included in the House stimulus bill to forgive a whopping $30,000 in student loan debt per individual, Politico reports.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/23/canceling-student-loan-debt-isnt-smart-or-fair-response-to-covid-19/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

The costs that have nothing to do with the virus are the worst:

Among the many ‘major problems’ with the bill, according to a senior Democratic aide, was that it doesn’t ‘provide adequate relief for the 44 million federal student loan borrowers.’ … Senate Democrats, led by [Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer, are pushing a counter proposal: They want to cancel the monthly payments owed during the national emergency and guarantee each borrower receive at least $10,000 in loan forgiveness.

Providing blanket student loan forgiveness of at least $10,000 to each borrower would be neither targeted nor temporary, which should guide federal policy efforts to address the fiscal impact of the pandemic. 

In the House, Reps. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., and Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., have introduced a bill they want included in the House stimulus bill to forgive a whopping $30,000 in student loan debt per individual, Politico reports.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/23/canceling-student-loan-debt-isnt-smart-or-fair-response-to-covid-19/

I may have been wrong.  If these pass, the Corona virus might just bring this country to it's knees!  Election times bring out the stupidity in politicians.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

it happened just as soon as Politicians got a hold of the "Solution"

i`m trying hard to give the .Gov the benefit of the Doubt on all this and i`m happy when they wanna give me back my Money, but it seems there's those in the Middle of it at the Podium holding things together and then the same Jackasses on both side Hooting and Hollering that they know whats best and what it takes to fix this.

i did find it reassuring that the Explanation of the WPA at the Presser explained that the Average everyday hoarder with masks and gloves was not going to have it confiscated and that was not Illegal, its just Planned Parenthood and NYC and Bel Air Plastic surgeons they were going after for theirs...

i have`nt seen anything like a repercussion for those responsible for this Contagion though.

but i`m hopeful its coming.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

I may have been wrong.  If these pass, the Corona virus might just bring this country to it's knees!  Election times bring out the stupidity in politicians.

Interesting that just as they have destroyed Bernies campaign they are determined to give the Bernie base something (college students)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Interesting that just as they have destroyed Bernies campaign they are determined to give the Bernie base something (college students)

Everything the Democrats hold dear comes down to money.  They have no plans to improve the lot of the citizens or the country, so they fall back to buying votes with free stuff.

Long ago politics used to be a difference of opinion as to what would make life better, not it's just how much do you want for your vote...…….  BS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

At FOX's "virtual town hall" the President said he's hoping to get the country back to work by Easter. Good man!

Just now he is giving a pep talk about the economy starting to "look good", and his hopes to have this in a recovery phase in a couple of weeks.  You can just hear him cheering on business people, and giving them an optimistic short term assurance that this is almost over. 

The reality is that the Corona virus plays little part in our economy, but the state of our economy is simple a reflection of our optimism and nothing more.

When the stocks plunge successive days it shows a pessimistic outlook on the part of investors.  But, when the stock market starts to surge up and down from day to day, it is optimistic and you can see investors believing that one of these upward surges will continue, and optimism will take hold of the economy. 

We are in the second phase of this function, and one of these days the low stock price will quickly be gone for the forseeable future, because of a regenerative uptick across the board.  This isn't the time to play for the minimum, because it will be here and gone before you know it.  Simply take advantage of this opportunity right here and now before prices get back to normal!

Our economy relies on our people's belief, and not in our people's health concerns.  The panicky will start the hysteria, but the realists will bring it back to reality.  Sure, we have concerns for our health, but we have more concerns for our Capitalistic foundation and growth.

• Like 3