Just doing my part to contain Corona

jmohme

Thank you for your effort, for all I know that just might be it.

I think I had it about two weeks ago. Lasted for about one week. Feeling 85%, slight chill and fever and coughing more than usual (smoker). At the time, I blamed it on pollen, had a good one (high count) for the season here.

Never got tested, a test now would presumably be negative and frankly, I just felt "crappy", definitely not like I was about to die.  The description of symptoms by the Hanks got me thinking about it. I am over 60, no suppressed immune system nor health complications.

I think it's overrated if I really had it, based on my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Ricordo said:

Thank you for your effort, for all I know that just might be it.

I think I had it about two weeks ago. Lasted for about one week. Feeling 85%, slight chill and fever and coughing more than usual (smoker). At the time, I blamed it on pollen, had a good one (high count) for the season here.

Never got tested, a test now would presumably be negative and frankly, I just felt "crappy", definitely not like I was about to die.  The description of symptoms by the Hanks got me thinking about it. I am over 60, no suppressed immune system nor health complications.

I think it's overrated if I really had it, based on my experience.

I'm pretty sure I had it.  Had all the symptoms.  I felt much worse than crappy.  All while working back-to-back 70 hour weeks.

Feeling OK now.

• Like 1

This thing can be confused with a lot of stuff.

During that time, it went to the mid-30s here (Tampa Bay area). Windy. Really windy. And that was after a rather long spell of mid to high 80s. So pollen was in all its glory. And it kept flying around all over the place.

Before that time, I kept hearing people describing the thing as "the worst flu of my life" and so forth. At the time, it wasn't much different from other episodes of allergies due to pollen that I've gone through. And the symptoms could be explained (which I did) by the weather and circumstances around me. Slight fever---pollen. Chills---it was cold. Cough---mix of pollen and cold weather. Shortness of breath (mild)---pollen and HBP medication. Feeling 85%---not unusual given the particulars.

What I did is I treated it like another pollen-induced episode. Tussin CF, an extra shot of guaifenesin and a naproxen sodium tablet every other night. I skipped antihistamines, dries me up.

This week I keep reading that 80% +- of those infected experience mild symptoms, just like mine. I still have lingering doubts if I was really infected. But if I truly was, it bugs me to think that I might have infected people that did not get it mild. Too late for that, had no chance at the time to consult with Miss Cleo.  

Just so you guys know.

Best,

• Like 1

Forgot.

Where did I get it? Your guess is as good as mine.

You could drill my fingers from the fingernails all the way through to the pad and I wouldn't be able give a straight answer.

Probably from someone with a similar metabolism to mine.

• Like 1