Gone For Awhile

Moshe

Well, typically, unless I make an error, I say what I mean, and mean what I say.  By March 30, I should be done with this corrupt nasty little town.  It has been an adventure in house hunting.  First was 20 acres, but the seller upped the price rather than doing the negotiation dance.  So, she was gone.  Next was 13 acres that that was an HOA that didn't allow livestock except horses, and ran the whole of your existence.  No, thanks, I am not voting for Bernie Sanders, literally nor figuratively.  So, finally, a colonial that needs some work that the home owners agreed on 8.5 acres of woods with a pond.  Enough for a shooting range, hunting, and the pond needs air, and stocking with some bass and crappie and that will be fun.  I got my home in order and had a look in on the first day for sale.  But, with the rodeo on this week I expect a slow down with everyone and everything headed for Houston.  So, March 30 is walk through, finalization day.  I am getting a quote from Mayflower, as I am headed North and East about three hours.  No more hurricanes.

They can keep their corrupt silly town, I am out.  Out in the country not to be bothered by nonsense.  The schools are top notch, and the crime is low for three counties shoved together for this burg.  There is only one section of 80 you don't want to frequent after dark, unless you like hookers and blow as it is referred to here. Beyond that, really nothing.

• Like 7

good luck ,  ive lived in wide open spaces all my life ,    i got one daughter who built a house in HOA in jacksonville FL.   i love my family but i hate visiting  ,   the next damn house over is like 5 feet .  

last time we there they were putting round stones around the front door around concrete pad . well they did not agree with the rocks ,  colors were not same as other houses ,   i was like

they are ******* river rocks no 2 or same color.    i had to go inside before i said something rofl .  im trying to get them to move back .   he is marine loves the structure i guess , she just went along with

him on building in a new HOA,   . house is super nice about 3,000 sqt    it just sucks where it is,   now SIL is pissed because of having to take down his marine flag.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

True.  And it continues.  I needed to renew my driver's license before I leave.  I was told, my CHL, DL, Badge, Credentials, and an expired Government Passport were just not enough. I needed to come back with an active passport or my birth certificate as well.  Then I got a form to fill out and told to come back with my birth certificate.  I will come back with that, my energy bill, my Medicare card, and my Social Security card, and ask if they need a sperm sample as well.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Moshe said:

True.  And it continues.  I needed to renew my driver's license before I leave.  I was told, my CHL, DL, Badge, Credentials, and an expired Government Passport were just not enough. I needed to come back with an active passport or my birth certificate as well.  Then I got a form to fill out and told to come back with my birth certificate.  I will come back with that, my energy bill, my Medicare card, and my Social Security card, and ask if they need a sperm sample as well.

This is how i found one my wife can get into the gun safe...and i know that woman can count.

Not a good day.

• Haha 2

BTW... there is a very nice indoor gun range in Longview, on 271 I think. Sadly, the Tyler area has no indoor range. I have a membership at an outdoor range just  WSW of Tyler.

Edited by TXUSMC
Edited to add

46 minutes ago, TXUSMC said:

I’m about 30 miles west of you, Moshe... welcome to east Texas!

I have been in East Texas going on 13 years, now I am going more East and North to a more civilized place.  My outdoor range is going to be on my on my 8 acres.  I will probably teach my son how to make a lean to, incase I get stir crazy in the house and want to shoot when it is raining.  I know how to do it, I just can't physically do it, so it is time to pass on some knowledge. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moshe said:

I have been in East Texas going on 13 years, now I am going more East and North to a more civilized place.  My outdoor range is going to be on my on my 8 acres.  I will probably teach my son how to make a lean to,  in case I get stir crazy in the house and want to shoot when it is raining.  I know how to do it, I just can't physically do it, so it is time to pass on some knowledge. :)

I live too many states away.  But i wish i could help you with setting that up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, Historian said:

I live too many states away.  But i wish i could help you with setting that up.

I tend to build a bit big, as my wife would say.  The last pen I build was fourx8's cemented three feet deep and the rear four feet to create a way for the water to roll off the back.  I am thinking of a similar system with bench inside.  That would be for a 100 yard range so with a optic sight  bearing rifles, as 25, 50, and 100 yards.  I have multiple stands for paper targets for pistols, which will go out to 25 yards.  If I get a wild hare I might get a rubber life size shooting dummy.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, ASH said:

good luck ,  ive lived in wide open spaces all my life ,    i got one daughter who built a house in HOA in jacksonville FL.   i love my family but i hate visiting  ,   the next damn house over is like 5 feet .  

last time we there they were putting round stones around the front door around concrete pad . well they did not agree with the rocks ,  colors were not same as other houses ,   i was like

they are ****ing river rocks no 2 or same color.    i had to go inside before i said something rofl .  im trying to get them to move back .   he is marine loves the structure i guess , she just went along with

him on building in a new HOA,   . house is super nice about 3,000 sqt    it just sucks where it is,   now SIL is pissed because of having to take down his marine flag.  

I looked at a place that had 13 acres, and then became curious why there wasn't an American flag in sight.  I had one installed in my home with solar lights.  Then I discovered there was an HOA, and I sped read through it.  That confused my realtor how fast I could tear it apart.  The usual whereas, whereas, then came the therefor be it resolved, and the meat of it came into it with the various articles.  No livestock except horses, if you dog is considered annoying you must divest yourself of him.  No hunting, no shooting.  I told the realtor to not even bother.  

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

I tend to build a bit big, as my wife would say.  The last pen I build was fourx8's cemented three feet deep and the rear four feet to create a way for the water to roll off the back.  I am thinking of a similar system with bench inside.  That would be for a 100 yard range so with a optic sight  bearing rifles, as 25, 50, and 100 yards.  I have multiple stands for paper targets for pistols, which will go out to 25 yards.  If I get a wild hare I might get a rubber life size shooting dummy.

A long time ago i helped build our local range.  Strung most of the barbed wire. Used to mow the place, too.  It was a lot of work.  We even put in an irrigation system. The design actually was done by a professional engineer and she received an award for lead pollution control and removal. We let her have first shot on the range.

Of course the NRA helped some.  But we put in a range where the city didn't think we could.  They aren't gun friendly but their regulations for the industrial part meet our needs.

Anyway.  Today it's a big darn range with lots of people.  I miss the way it was when it wasn't so busy.