IL. Family Puzzled By Strange Sounds, Voices Coming from Their Home's Walls for 6 Years

TBO

If I recall, she played Lt. Connors in the movie Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, didn't she?

I don't recall her ever being on Seahunt.

Mike Nelson would have shown her the sponges in the bay if she was.

I do remember that she showed up in Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show.

Edited by tous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

If I recall, she played Lt. Connors in the movie Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, didn't she?

I don't recall her ever being on Seahunt.

Mike Nelson would have shown her the sponges in the bay if she was.

I do remember that she showed up in Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show.

I found her searching for her under the name Seahunt.

Simply lovely.   A real beauty.

• Like 1

Just now, minervadoe said:

diode

• n.

CatWhisker.jpg

Galena cat's whisker detector

"Galena is a semiconductor with a small band gap of about 0.4 eV, which found use in early wireless communication systems. It was used as the crystal in crystal radio receivers, in which it was used as a point-contact diode capable of rectifying alternating current to detect the radio signals. The galena crystal was used with a sharp wire, known as a "cat's whisker" in contact with it.", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galena

You can see the sharp irregular structure that's being held in a "cooled puddle of Lead".  This is one of  the electrical contacts to the crystal diode.  The other is the cat whisker that you can poke around the crystal to find more sensitive areas than others. 

The cat whisker is essentially a lightly held wire on a spring. Too much contact pressure effects the functionality.

This is an early form of a "point contact diode".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

You are not wrong, Sir! This stuff is far beyond my ability to comprehend.

I figure that most people that say that, really mean that they are uninterested in the topic.  But I also believe that if they chose to, they could make sense of it.

Not being interested in something is fine.  My son keeps trying to convert me to digital engineering but I tell him I simply don't care to delve into it.  I have other things I'm more interested in.

• Like 1