Horny Keys

railfancwb

Just sat down wrong on my keys, which started the vehicle horn going beep... beep... beep...

Had to go out to the vehicle, unlock the door, and turn the ignition on/off to stop the beep. 

Are there many, if any, situations where the “security” beep... beep... beep... has stopped vehicle theft or burglary? 

I’ve had one stolen and two burgled and the alarms, if any went off, didn’t natter. 

• Like 2

I came home after dental surgery and set off my home alarm. Well...you know they call you and ask a few questions so that the 'all clear' is given and the POPO aren't called out. Try speaking to the rep with a numb mouth, full of cotton and hope they don't send out the 911 thinking you've had a stroke.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Presguy said:

My dad has put a couple nice scratches in his tailgate by hitting the hatch-open button accidentally while in the house.

Rather than trying to change my dad's behavior, once I figured out where the scratches were coming from, I put a pad on inside of the garage door.

From my varied car work days, *I have a couple short pieces of 2 x 4 bolted to the garage floor to allow the right distance to keep the hatch from hitting the door, while allowing room to service the car from the workbench in front of it.  It also served to mark where both long and short cars could stop, to ensure no damage from the closing door.

1 hour ago, Presguy said:

Yeaaahhh.. tried that. Not 2x4s specifically, but a hanging tennis ball, a mark on the wall, etc. 

My dad couldn't be bothered.. he's a bit frustrating that way.

I couldn't do the tennis ball thing,since I would fudge a little one way or another and that would screw up my fabulous plan.

For a while I considered a laser beam but finally discarded the idea as being as stupid as it sounds.  Even a drunk can hit a 2 x 4.

• Haha 1