Second New York City police officer shot inside precinct following 'ambush' attack on patrol van

TBO

i think more people need to consider how insidious these kind of attacks are, anyone who will openly try to attack someone armed wearing body armor and carrying an assortment of other defenses as well as the ability to call in back up twice.

will think nothing about attacking people less equipped in the same way.

these attacks are the kind of statement that need to be dealt with harshly and directly.

Prayers for those Officers Fast and full Recovery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TBO said:

This POS has done it before!

Gunman who targeted NYPD officers in 2 'premeditated' attacks has violent past, previous shootout with cops

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bronx-suspect-suspect-violent-criminal-record

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

What happened to "once is enough".  People like Bloomberg have made NYC what it is today!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

What happened to "once is enough".  People like Bloomberg have made NYC what it is today!

Bloomberg had nothing to do with it.

While he was here, he tried to figure out ways to eliminate the non-rich from Manhattan (e.g. fees to drive into the city), to control the daily lives of citizens (e.g. eliminating large sodas, and massive cigarette taxes), he drove the then police commissioner's abuse of SQ&F as a numbers (-and numbers ONLY, NOTHING to do with race) game, and bribed his way to a third term, that once he had, he bribed his way into changing the term-limit law back to two terms. 

All while he fought tooth and nail against the 9/11 first responders who were suffering (and continue to die) from illnesses related to working on the pile.

Bloomberg is a devil.

Edited by gooddog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, gooddog said:

Bloomberg had nothing to do with it.

While he was here, he tried to figure out ways to eliminate the non-rich from Manhattan (e.g. fees to drive into the city), to control the daily lives of citizens (e.g. eliminating large sodas, and massive cigarette taxes), he drove the then police commissioner's abuse of SQ&F as a numbers (-and numbers ONLY, NOTHING to do with race) game, and bribed his way to a third term, that once he had, he bribed his way into changing the term-limit law back to two terms. 

All while he fought tooth and nail against the 9/11 first responders who were suffering (and continue to die) from illnesses related to working on the pile.

Bloomberg is a devil.

One more brick in the wall.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tous said:

Best wishes to the officers.

And being New York, the miscreant will be immediately released with no bail.  :shakefist:

You couldn't pay me enough to live in that cesspool.

NYC is the greatest city on earth. If one simply doesn't like cities, then one doesn't. Fair enough.

-But the grit, the grime, the noise, the action, the life, all of it is what make NYC the best. It has been for centuries.

It's this new modern progressive leftist politic that has, and is, driving the regular people out.

Ed Koch once famously said, "You take on a cop in NYC at your own peril."

Today the politicians side with the groups that say, "What do we want? Dead cops, When do we want them? Now!"

If they'll kill a uniformed cop, what will they do to grandma?

Edited by gooddog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, janice6 said:

You know, it occurs to me, your post could be read in two ways.

I only responded to the first: the idea that NY is the safest big city, blah, blah, blah. Bloomberg likes to take credit for that. That's falling apart now.

The second is this: you are 100% correct. 

Bloomberg took the effective statistics-based Compstat system that had "arrested" the city's slide into the abyss back in the '90s, and he allowed his police commissioner to turn it into a "what have you done for me lately", numbers-based system, where too many people were being stopped. It was never about race. Never. But if you needed a day off, and your boss told you to get him a few stops, you got a few stops. That fed on itself. X stops last month, had to become X+Y stops this month, and so on. Nobody cared about race. It was about numbers.

Bloomberg tried to pass laws about how big a drink you could order or purchase.

Bloomberg drove the laws that put taxes on cigarettes that are many times what the cost of the product is (I never smoked, so I can't give precise examples.)He outlawed smoking in restaurants. Meanwhile, he patronized millionaire cigar clubs.

Bloomberg tried to put in place "congestion pricing" whereby, if you needed to drive into Manhattan, you'd have to pay an exorbitant toll. This would free up the streets for he and his cronies, who can afford to live there, to cruise around without the bother of the traffic YOU create. -You know, driving a truck and delivering the products people need, going to school, work, or God help you, enjoying one of the myriad unbelievably cool cultural and historical sites the city has to offer.

The list goes on.

Bloomberg is a fascist. 

So, from a certain (other) point of view, you are absolutely correct. Bloomberg did make NYC what it is (fast becoming) today.

It's good to be able to look at things from different perspectives. Thank you for making me think!

Edited by gooddog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TBO said:

This POS has done it before!

Gunman who targeted NYPD officers in 2 'premeditated' attacks has violent past, previous shootout with cops

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-bronx-suspect-suspect-violent-criminal-record

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

They shouldn't have left him out in the first place. tom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2