Customers filmed in alleged assault of restaurant employee over portion size

TBO

• Administrators

It sickens me that today it is the first impulse of most people to point a cellphone camera at a bad situation, instead of doing something to help. That says something shameful about what our society is becoming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Eric said:

It sickens me that today it is the first impulse of most people to point a cellphone camera at a bad situation, instead of doing something to help. That says something shameful about what our society is becoming.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't know how the average mall shopper could do "something to help". To intervene would invite violent retribution from the instigators of the "bad situation", and to defend oneself would invite public crucifixion from the liberal media and government (this is CT, but it would be the same pretty much anywhere).

OTOH, I think the solution is for tenant businesses to sue the mall for allowing a hostile environment to exist. If the mall can't provide safety for its tenants and patrons it can go out of business. Eventually society will have to choose between public safety and political correctness, and despite the PC blinders people want to wear, economic realities are ruled by cold equations which will not be denied forever.

• Like 2