Earthquakes and restaurants

Ricordo

Most people probably don't recognize the following. If you are at a restaurant and the possibility of an earthquake exists, or some other kind of bedlam, the best table for you is the one closest to the kitchen.

In the western world, the vast majority of restaurant kitchens have a door that leads to the outside. That's where the provisions go in and the cooks out to smoke a cigarette.

If s*it hits the fan, where do you think the majority of patrons will be headed to? Hard to fit 50 folks all trying to exit through a 4-foot wide door at the same time.

I had to tell a friend this week about it. He understood it instantly, he just hadn't recognized it before.

FWIW...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Good to know, but why would you be going to a restaurant during earthquake weather?

:)

The tip serves assorted purposes. For instance, my family knows that if I take out my gun at a restaurant that they need to head straight towards the kitchen.

It's not a failproof bet, it's the best bet.

Edited by Ricordo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ricordo said:

:)

The tip serves assorted purposes. For instance, my family knows that if I take out my gun at a restaurant that they need to head straight towards the kitchen.

It's not a failproof bet, it's the best bet.

All that crap in the kitchen will be on the floor if it's a big one. Hot stuff everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

Dogs and cats sleeping together is my goto indicator.

When I lived in Southern CA.,  I was outside and all a sudden a cat came around the corner of the garage flat to the ground looking left and right all wild eyed.  Sure enough it was a quake, when I looked up you could see things swaying too a fro.  This poor cat wasn't looking for any dog to sleep with, most likely would have crawled up the dogs back with it's tail straight in the air.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1