Come On Baby Light My Fire

Maser

11 hours ago, Maser said:

Geeez pro wrestling really sucks with their pyrotechnics! 

After years of each and every pro wrestler claiming to be the ultimate physical fighter, you begin to believe that none of them are.

They are big and strong, most assuredly, but none are what they claim to be.

It's why it's called a "show".

MY father used to watch pro wrestling in the early 50's on TV, and in Illinois on relatives TV, and exclaim, "It's all fake!", quickly followed by, " KILL 'EM!"

Pro wresting may be staged, but it certainly isn't fake.  If it was fake then there wouldn't be so many injuries.  The fact that so many wrestlers have ODed on pain killers is proof they've had to deal with permanent body pain that none of us will ever have to deal with. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Maser said:

Pro wresting may be staged, but it certainly isn't fake.  If it was fake then there wouldn't be so many injuries.  The fact that so many wrestlers have ODed on pain killers is proof they've had to deal with permanent body pain that none of us will ever have to deal with. 

I have heard them say that injuries occur when the act goes awry.  The injuries I believe, are those from actual wrestling to win.   I have seen in the local and regional beginnings of pro wrestling, where they don't choreograph and practice before the match.

major body pain comes from doing stunts that are more bizarre than the other guy's and they again, go awry.

The injuries are truly real.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

dusty1.jpg

It's always been my dream to grab folding chairs and use them to bludgeon and beat the tar of out of the other guy.  It's the American way!

Yesterday, while changing channels, I saw a pro match where some guy had dragged an extension ladder into the ring and had it propped up against a corner post.  Apparently, no folding chairs were available.

Edited by janice6

Not meaning to toot my millennial horn too much here, but I feel my generation of wrestling fans got to enjoy the best that pro wrestling had to offer.  We had the "Attitude Era" in WWF and of course who can forget ECW.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, janice6 said:

It's always been my dream to grab folding chairs and use them to bludgeon and beat the tar of out of the other guy.  It's the American way!

Yesterday, while changing channels, I saw a pro match where some guy had dragged an extension ladder into the ring and had it propped up against a corner post.  Apparently, no folding chairs were available.

You would have thought a ref would have DQ’d the guy immediately 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Think they are in the actor’s union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting trivia

Hulk Hogan wanted to unionize, Jesse ‘the body” Ventura was dead set against it and went to Vince McMahon

WWF............WCW 

• Thanks 1