Increase in drug prices.

pipedreams

The one important drug my wife takes took a big hit plus the insurance co. want her to go to another less expensive.  Something to deal with on the next refill.  Apparently the drug companies don't go along with Trumps price control.

"Drugmakers including Pfizer Inc (PFE.N), GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK.L) and Sanofi SA (SASY.PA) are planning to hike U.S. list prices on more than 200 drugs in the United States on Wednesday, according to drugmakers and data analyzed by healthcare research firm 3 Axis Advisors. "

https://speakingaboutnews.com/drugmakers-from-pfizer-to-gsk-to-hike-u-s-prices-on-over-200-drugs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+SpeakingAboutNews+(SpeakingAboutNews)

Edited by pipedreams
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I buy my eye drops from India. $17 a bottle vs over $250 here. Same stuff. Medicare doesn't cover them because it doesn't come as a generic.

I bought medicine from India for years until it went off patent here.  Now it's available in the over the counter drugs at Sam's and every where for dirt cheap.  We are paying for everyone else by supporting the drug companies high prices.

• Like 2

My experience with Indian Meds was excellent.  Locally,  Doctors have said that the medications from India are not up to the quality of those in the USA.

I am surprised at that comment since a country of over 1 billion people have not experienced a multitude of deaths due to lower quality medications.  The Meds I bought worked just as well for me as the same meds purchased at a considerably higher price in the states.  I took them for years, my periodic visits to my doctor showed no ill effects, and My physical comfort experience was the same.

My Vet said the same thing to me about buying animal medications from American suppliers, that they are of lower quality.  I changed Vets since like some doctors, he was more interested in my money than my animal's health.  In one case, he wanted to bill me $100 dollars for a 3.5 gram ointment that my new Vet approved from the Internet source for $33 per 3.5 grams.

I have  less patience for those practitioners that argue for overpriced meds than I have for Doctors that do the same thing.  I can tolerate some inequity for myself, but I will not accept it in any amount or form, for my animal.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

AllDayChemist

I used these guys for years before I qualified for Medicare. Never a problem and the meds were top quality. Prices were very cheap. Shipping was a flat $25 at that time so I always ordered in bulk - several hundred bucks at a pop, but would have enough for my needs for a year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jame said:

Overdue.......

they have been working on it for almost 3 years but couldn`t get anything done with Paul Ryan and his "Leadership"

President Trump can`t get anything through the House now and has an Executive order for .Gov Drug plans but doubt he can pen something that can override Private Companies.

its way past overdue, which is a good reason why everyone should be telling them how much costs have increased and Availability is down.

the best part about this White House is they do seem to act well on Direct Contact.

its a big part of the 2020 Campaign.

• Like 2